- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
6 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Very informative and entertaining despite the poor weather.
Definitely recommend to anyone with an interest in local historyWritten 25 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Be honest! We have all been putting off catching up with family and friends since covid. We got used to our own company and skipping the annual gathering. Well no need to put off the family gathering, reunion with friends, stag/hen any longer. Collanmore island is the spot for you. Take the reins as the family social committee and Ciaran will not let you down.
I organised the stay for my extended family (Ages 11 plus) for a two night weekend trip in July. Just to firstly note that the island was well beyond our expectations (even though I had very high expectations in the first place). From the views to the massive hot tub. The bedrooms to the pub. Everything was amazing! I'm surprised Ciaran actually rents it out and just doesnt keep it to himself to live. I would never leave the island if I lived there.
Firstly, we started our evening with a family BBQ. After that we moved onto a few drinks with chats and games in the cocktail bar area and personnel pub! It was a late night to say the least. The next morning we had an amazing kayaking session which is a must do. Ciaran made it super fun by including challenges throughout and taking us around the bay. We spend the rest of the day lounging in the sun, enjoying the massive hot tub and hiking to the viewpoint. A few final jumps off the pier into the sea, our takeaway was delivered by boat for us all to enjoy before a few drinks around the camp fire for our last evening. If I have not sold this to you already as the perfect getaway for a big group there must be something wrong.
Ciaran and his team went above and beyond to make sure our stay was perfect. They really went the extra mile. For example they went out of their way to get an extra takeaway for one of our family members that had dietary requirements. Special thanks to Nigel too that was brilliant helping our with the kayaking session and delivering our takeaway by boat!
We will definitely be back. A weekend that we will never forget. I know its always going to be a topic brought up at every family gathering. 10 out of 10 experience.
ClareWritten 19 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A beautiful setting for a wonderful visit. Padraig was very welcoming and accommodating. A beautiful history and fascinating insight into Oyster farming.
The fresh Oysters were out of this world - absolutely gorgeous!
We hope this venture goes from strength to strength. It's a must visit in Co. Mayo.
Thanks Padraig - Edward & GaynorWritten 15 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We had an amazing day with Paul exploring Achill Island on E-bikes during the off-season (May). The e-bike trip was the highlight of our vacation. Paul went above and beyond to ensure that we had a spectacular time. First, e-bikes are the way to go. it allows a group of mixed ability to enjoy riding. Even the best athletes will see more, have more fun, cover more ground, and never dread getting up a hill. Paul figured out our tour, made changes on the fly, met us at every 10K or so to check in, chased us down when we went to wrong way, regaled us with stories and history, and helped us make the most of our limited time in Mayo. He even had hot tea and coffee, whiskey and wine for us when we needed a break. We opted to eat lunch in a pub, but I am sure his picnic lunches are delicious. The time flew by and there was never any pressure to do more or less than we wanted and any idea we had he was open to (Like a stop at a tiny pub!) Next time we are going to do the Bangor trip which sounds amazing. Oh and his bikes are in great shape. You can trust Paul (and his guides) to show you a great time!Written 14 May 2022
- We absolutely loved our beach walk today, the dogs are beautiful and friendly, and we heard some cracking stories about the area's history and mythology. So glad we were able to fit this experience into our trip to Ireland.Written 22 September 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Westport
- These experiences are best for nature & wildlife tours in Westport:
- Beach & countryside horse riding. Mayo. Guided. 1 hour.
- Great Western Greenway Full-Day Self-Guided Bike Tour
- eBiking the Great Western Greenway. Mayo. Self-guided. Full day.
- These are the best places for groups seeking nature & wildlife tours in Westport:See more nature & wildlife tours for groups in Westport on Tripadvisor