- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
25 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- The whole experience was top notch. Helena and Julie took great care of us. Kitty did a fantastic job coordinating. GORGEOUS scenery with vistas of Crough Patrick and beautiful natural beach ride. Don’t miss this experience if you are in Mayo💕 A wonderful forever memory.Written 12 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Where to start!! We had an amazing holiday with beautiful, rideable cooperative, obedient ponies . The trail led by the great character Padraic with all the craic you would expect!! The scenery was outstanding helped by the beautiful weather. Even got a tour of Westport with Paddy Joe and his lovely horse Podge. Must mention too the fantastic B and B Lurgan House where we stayed. The breakfast was so good and hosts outstanding. Thanks too to the other Padraic and Kitty for transporting us from A to B and back again every day. A great yime was had by allWritten 21 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Absolutely amazing trip from start to finish great company highly recommend Noel came out when we got into bother hassle free couldn’t recommend them enough an absolute pleasure fab scenery thank you guysWritten 25 August 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The abandoned village on Achill Island is a great place to get in a hike and learn about a genuine mystery!Written 23 July 2018
- One side of the strand is the Atlantic, the other side a secluded bay with crystal clear water. If you walk along the ridge not only are you destroying the sand dunes you are missing the two different microclimates.Written 27 August 2023
- Super instructors, well structured classes, reliable (Rain or Shine ), Awesomeness always, total satisfaction!Written 11 November 2022
- We used to come here all the time when we were in Westport, this year the storms and high tides have caused so much damage to the car park overlooking the sea you can't do this anymore which is a shame. In fairness the council have built a new car park beside the toilets further up from the original car park but it hasn't got that appeal that the other one had of not being right at the waters edge.Written 3 July 2016
- Our group played in Sligo, Dublin, Mayo, Galway and Clare during our visit. So far we all enjoyed Westport the most. The fairways boasted stunning views of Croagh Patrick and Clew Bay as it ran along the coastline. While the course can be challenging, it’s wide fairways made it forgiving. The grounds were immaculate and well maintained and the greens were in great condition. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. We will definitely be going back here with our friends.Written 9 July 2022
- Wonderful rides with Michael and Joanne. Beach gallops and mountain treks were all spectacular. Horses were safe and surefooted Irish Cobs and Irish Draughts. I'm already planning my next visit!Written 16 June 2023
- Very good and informative trip. Wonderful views. Very friendly staff.Just be aware that if you want to sit you need to be there early as some may be standing. Especially at peak holiday times. Recommended. Take a raincoat as someone's can get unexpected showers.Written 17 September 2023
- My friend and I wanted to try paddle boarding and I contacted this company. They were super! They arrange to pick us up from our accommodation and take us to the location of the activity. Provided us with all the gear (wetsuit etc) and gave us a lesson to start us off and once we had an idea what we were doing they gave us plenty of time to practise and it was great fun. Would definitely recommend this for all. Young and old, as long as you are reasonably able. You don't have to be super fit. A great sport to try.Written 21 August 2018
- Absolutely excellent. Extremely friendly and welcoming. Put the children at their ease, no pressure.Written 16 July 2017
- We hired two electric bikes from Paddy and Nelly eBike hire for one day. We were well advised on the route to take which suited our needs. We were shown how to use the bikes and had no issues. We were reassured if problems had occurred we would have been assisted. The bikes were in good condition and safe to ride. We thoroughly enjoyed our day of riding the electric bikes. We would highly recommend the hire company to anyone visiting the area.Written 20 July 2023
- We just finished a bike ride from Westport to Achill Island using Westport bikes as our outfitter. We were a large group of 18 friends from different areas of the U.S. We rented 6 pedal bikes and 12 electric bikes from Anthony and Declan at Westport Bikes. The bikes were great, Cannondales for the e-bikes and Ridgeback hybrids for the pedal bikes, but it was the service that Anthony and Declan provided that really made our week so memorable. Anthony was there Monday morning, a day the shop is normally closed, to meet us and make sure all the bikes fit and were working as they should. The shop also provided helmets and panniers for each rider. Anthony also sent us off with extra tubes and tools in case we had to make on road repairs. These came in handy as we did have a few flats on the rocky roads out on the island. He also escorted us out to the Greenway and made sure we were headed in the right direction. We had a great four days of riding and when we brought the bikes back on Thursday, Declan was there to help us unpack the panniers and get the bikes back in the shop. We commented many times that the trip would have been much more difficult without the extra effort that Anthony and Declan put into our ride. These guys love their work and it shows in the way they took an interest in our tour. We are all experienced cyclists and have been to some great bike shops but Westport Bikes will always be right at the top.Written 22 September 2023
- Excellent customer service and went above and beyond for us. Travis was extremely accommodating on the phone and Danny was good enough to bring our bags to Achill for us to save the back some hassle on the Greenway! Highly recommend the Greenway and using Clew Bay Bike hire if you do.Written 24 August 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Westport
- These experiences are best for outdoor activities in Westport:
- Clew Bay Cruise, Westport ( 90 minutes )
- Beach & countryside horse riding. Mayo. Guided. 1 hour.
- Great Western Greenway Full-Day Self-Guided Bike Tour
- eBiking the Great Western Greenway. Mayo. Self-guided. Full day.
- Westport shuttle bus to Achill Island with Electric bikes 10 am
- These are the best hidden gems for outdoor activities in Westport:See more hidden gem outdoor activities in Westport on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for adrenaline seekers looking for outdoor activities in Westport:
- Carrowholly Stables & Trekking Centre
- Drummindoo Stud
- The Great Western Greenway
- Clew Bay Bike Hire and Outdoor Adventures
- The Adventure Islands, Collanmore Island