23 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Peter and the rest of the staff were great craic ,5star welcome. Connie and friends were brilliant ( musicians). Pints were nice too👍🏻Then it all went wrong when the next group of musicians started there set the groupies arrived and were practically sitting on my lap and my wife’s No manners they literally blocked the walkway to the toilet and smoking area no consideration for anyone else.We left after that my missus was furious,Written 17 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Best Pub in Ireland. Great Music to suite your wants, 2 rooms of music both Traditional and Modern Irish or kind of Irish or Irish wanna bees. Don't miss this oub if you are in Mayo.Written 9 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great bar friendly service. Even replaced a drink we spilt for free.
Amazing interior, loads of characterWritten 12 June 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Best pub in Westport, possibly Ireland. Friendly attentive bartenders, friendliest people in town with the best beer! Anthony the proprietor makes you feel welcome and at home. A must do pub when in Ireland!Written 24 September 2023
- The bartender with the very long hair slays too hard. He good. He very good. Love him. He’s a babe for real love love love love loveWritten 12 November 2023
- It's not my first time in the castle court but it is some of the best service I've ever received. Cillian in the smoking area in the ice cream truck was beyond great all night. So courteous. Was amazing all night some of the best staff I've ever come across. The only problem I could see for this great member of staff is that he could not sit down. It brought me back to when I was in a similar situation years ago when I hurt my back years ago bending over to serve customers when I was younger. The recommendation that I would give is that you give the staff some sort of rest when the are in this situation. I just want to say again that all the staff was more than great all night and would absolutely recommend to my friends to visit the castle court if all the staff where like him.Written 8 February 2020
- Back with an update on this amazing establishment - 2 years after our first visit.
Credit to the Old Grainstore it left lasting memories for us hence why we turned up for Paddys weekend this year.
To my personal astonishment Pat the legendary doorman not only recognised me when I walked up the pub but he also recalled my name!
Myself and my friends felt at home as soon as Pat met us. We found a comfortable corner and enjoyed creamy pints of Guinness for the night.
We could see that everyone was enjoying themselves at the pub.
I will take it upon myself to recommend venue to as many people as possible! I hope this pub gets the attention it deserves.
Until next time! Slán leat!Written 19 March 2023
- I grew up on Irish music and on this trip we picked towns known for their traditional music. Being in Westport, we stopped at the renown Matt Malone's and enjoyed some wonderful trad instrumentals. We ended the night at McCarthy's where we were staying. We absolutely loved Sean and Paul who played incredible music in a quieter atmosphere with a laid back feel that was like sitting in someone's living room with a group of friends. If you are looking for the real deal in trad music, McCarthy's pub is the place to go and Sean and Paul are the musicians to see!Written 15 September 2019
- My favorite part was the friendly, helpful people that worked hard to make our stay the most comfortable, enjoyable stay possible. Accommodations fit our needs beyond our expectations. Plus, right at the quay the best spot in Westport.Written 17 November 2022
- Warm welcome, exceptional Guinness and good gin selection! We will definitely be back! It’s a hidden gem and seems to be a favourite among locals too!Written 30 April 2023
- Missed The Sheebeen during the lockdown. Great that they have opened up again. Enjoyed a get-together on Friday night. The food was excellent and it was so good to get back to some level of normality, albeit with restrictions.Written 5 July 2020
- Great bar, locals, horse racing, music, clean,fantastic pint...what more do u want...
A welcome for allWritten 30 August 2023
- Tobys Bar is a fantastic place to meet the local people and have a bit of craic. It’s a family friendly bar with amazing staff. Nothing can go wrong with a Guinness and a packet of tayto!Written 6 June 2022
- Visited Henehans last Friday & Saturday for drinks. Staff were really sound & great drinks menu & selection of Gins. Cocktails were fantastic 👌.Written 20 July 2021
- Stayed in apartment excellent very clean no hassle checking in and excellent price
Emma in bar was so friendly.
Left items behind and no hassle posting to me
Highly recommendedWritten 7 October 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Westport
- These are the best places for couples seeking nightlife in Westport:See more nightlife for couples in Westport on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for groups seeking nightlife in Westport:See more nightlife for groups in Westport on Tripadvisor