Top Attractions in Westport
Historic Sites • Gardens
Admission tickets from €15.24
Visitor Centres • Historical & Heritage Tours
Admission tickets from €5.00
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- From Newport we cycled the Greenway to Mulranny and back… Fortunately, the day was dry and the wind was soft.. Easy going on level tarmacadam , we passed through farmland.. over rivers.. between roaming sheep.. surrounded by mountains.. bracken.. only the birds and sheep for company.
This is a must for happy bikers.. 5 starWritten 27 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It was lovely to see the house and hear the history. We wish the new owners the best of look with renovations.Written 12 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- My wife is experienced with horses, I had none. Great guide and host who accommodated both of our skill levels and enabled us to have a great time. Guide was very friendly and informative which helped to relax and feel very safe. Also, great value for money.Written 31 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I went with my 3 and 6 yo. There isnt much to do for small kids but the 6 year old had a great time going on the climbing wall and the swinging ship. Alexandra on the facepainting was so patient with my kids who wouldnt stop moving and Sarah was such great help all through the day.
The food on gracy's was great but the wait was really long, would defenitly recommend going into the westport town for lunch or even bringing ur own picnic if ur as hungry as we were.
It was a lovely experience and the kids had a wonderful day and were exhausted when we got back to the hotel. Overall such a great day, the kids cant wait to go backWritten 31 July 2022
- It was a night of Swing music. Boy those Westport folks sure know how to party, despite having seats folks were on their feet, energetically dancing the night away.
It was a joyful night of music with a 7 piece live band from Dublin, the Swing Cats with over two eclectic hours of mostly American tunes, "Putting on the Ritz", "When The Saints Go Marching In", "Mack the knife", "I Can't Take My Eyes Off You", "Mr Bojangles" "New York, New York". We knew the words of every single song and we sang along badly.
We used never to think much of our nights out and live performances but wu flu changed all that.
We didn't plan it, we only saw the poster in the concert hall window on a Sunday night and we managed to get two tickets side by side (€20 each) on the Monday way toward the back of the hall, which was fine. The place was packed out that night.
The town hall is a public sector arts centre that doubles up as the local tourist office and is excellently run by the local council, proving public services can be run way better than the overrated, often over - priced, private sector. The UK has a malevolent government hell-bent on destroying public service so the arts there will suffer at the hands of execrable thugs who have already destroyed, train, rail, water, education and health services.
The staff are fabulous. The chap who sold us the tickets recommended lots of things for us to do and we sure took his advice, in fact he booked a number of trips for us as well as the swing night. If you are nearby do check out what's on and treat yourself. We are delighted we did.Written 15 October 2022
- Wow. What a statement this memorial makes. About the people who died here in Ireland during the famine and the people who risked everything to travel to a new world. It’s set at the base of Croagh Patrick as well. Worth a visit.Written 30 September 2022
- We went with our kids to Wild West to play several times during our stay in Westport. The place is spotlessly clean and the service is top notch. Our children also loved the chicken fingers. They said they were the best in Ireland! There is something for everyone at this location. They even have a sensory room!Written 29 September 2020
- An interesting series of displays around the history of Westport which included John McBride's connection with the area .Written 26 September 2022
- Excellent trip over to the island. Crew were all really friendly and helpful. Choice of sitting inside or on deck outside - the whole family decided to stay outside both ways even though it rained on the way back!! Great trip and highly recommended.Written 28 August 2022
- Saileen not only a beautiful name, but a beautiful person. Very helpful and and really personable. I really enjoyed the shopping experience. Thank you! Stunning prints and pottery, I'll be back!Written 11 August 2020
- Padraic Foy is the owner of the stables. He is a renown trainer and horseman in Ireland. He is schooled in the Monte Roberts Method of Horsemanship. His horses are excellent examples of the horses of Ireland and he ensures each guest has a horse that meets their individual riding experience. The 5 day riding experience is a once in a lifetime event. Padraic leads each of the daily rides and includes points of interest along the way. Riders with an intermediate skill level will thoroughly enjoy the experience.Written 10 June 2022
- Lovely place to visit, also in the evening with live music in the bars! There is good ice cream in the neighbourhood and the grocery store is open until 10 pm!Written 30 July 2022
- We were glad to be able to visit this historic site and especially appreciated the chance to step inside a round tower, However, we would encourage putting an historic marker in place to enhance the experience of visitors. A sign to direct visitors to the parking lot would also be welcome. We would have rated this site at the 5 star level if this signage was in place.Written 7 July 2022
- Beautiful Church in the middle of a busy town, great to have a place to get away and light a candle and reflectWritten 7 September 2022
- We walked here from our Bertra House Bed and Breakfast. The road down is a bit narrow, but what else do you expect in Ireland. The beach was lovely for walking, and the scenery of all the islands with mountains in background was just stunning. A few people were swimming, but they must be local as the water is not warm even in August.Written 18 August 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Westport
- The best outdoor activities in Westport according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Carrowholly Stables & Trekking Centre
- Drummindoo Stud
- Westport House & Gardens
- The Great Western Greenway
- Wild Nephin National Park - Ballycroy Visitor Centre
- The best day trips from Westport according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Self Guided E bike Tour.
- Wild Atlantic Way Luxury Bike Safari.For that special occasion and person.
- Connemara & Mayo pub tour from Westport. Mayo. Private guide. Full day.