Popular things to do
- Cultural Tours
- Private Sightseeing Tours
- Points of Interest & Landmarks
- Airport & Hotel Transfers
- Multi-day & Extended Tours
- Churches & Cathedrals
- Tours & Sightseeing
- Top Picks
- Historic Sites
- Likely to Sell Out
- Luxury & Special Occasions
- Sacred & Religious Sites
- Food, Wine & Nightlife
- Museum Tickets & Passes
- Monuments & Statues
- Ports of Call Tours
- Sporting Events
- Cruises, Sailing & Water Tours
- Weddings & Honeymoons
Top Attractions in County Mayo
Historic Sites • Gardens
Admission tickets from €15.24
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- Great views Dramatic coastline, great photo opportunities wild by name wild by nature. Highly recommend for spectacular scenery and photo oppsWritten 16 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Beautiful bike ride from Newport to Achill Island, well maintained, well marked bike path. Mostly level ride with few ups band downs. The countryside was spectacularly beautiful, with views onto fields and sheep farms, ancient ruins, and Clew Bay and its many islandsWritten 7 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Walked on a very hot day and must say it’s a fabulous walk, won’t say too much as most has been said before but just a few things to note
It is not easy by no means, it is tough and long so be prepared, it’s is tougher than what you might hear
You need a stick, it’s a must especially needed on the way down. Saw lots of people have bad falls on the loose stones
Lots of water needed, bring more than what you think you need, also some snacks and a hat is sunny
Reward at the top is simply the best l.
Enjoy !!Written 13 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This was my dream come true - having my family at High Tea at Ashford Castle - it was an experience I'll never forget!Written 30 July 2022
- The Pic on here is wrong that's Keem....but Keel is the centre of Achill. Amazing with the Cliffs as a Dramatic Backdrop and 3 miles of beach to walk along ....great for watersports such as Surfing, Kite Surfing and Keel lake nearby for kayaking...Written 16 July 2022
- We did a second tour of Westport House which was for children. This was given by the wonderful and vivacious guide Katherine. She showed the children and parents the great kitchen and servant quarters and explained what Life was like in the olden days for those employed by the rich family of Westport House. She finished the tour with showing us the dingy dungeons where the musty smells and story telling of the hapless prisoners and how they were only released by bartering for trade and food was spell binding. Definitely not to be missed and encourages children's love and appreciation of history. Thank you Westport House for your great welcome. Myself, my Auntie and my young son will treasure this forever.Written 22 July 2022
- Went on a trek with my boyfriend and we loved it! Something we had never done before! Horses are allocated to you based on your age and experience and instructors escort you on your trek so you always feel very safe! A lovely peaceful day out would 100% recommendWritten 1 August 2022
- I went with my 3 and 6 yo. There isnt much to do for small kids but the 6 year old had a great time going on the climbing wall and the swinging ship. Alexandra on the facepainting was so patient with my kids who wouldnt stop moving and Sarah was such great help all through the day.
The food on gracy's was great but the wait was really long, would defenitly recommend going into the westport town for lunch or even bringing ur own picnic if ur as hungry as we were.
It was a lovely experience and the kids had a wonderful day and were exhausted when we got back to the hotel. Overall such a great day, the kids cant wait to go backWritten 31 July 2022
- Connacht Whiskey Distillery is hidden away in a picturesque setting in the beautiful surroundings of Ballina. The building is modern and contemporary. It is pristine. Even the packaging if fab. The lovely Lyndsey gave us our guided tour. It was both interesting and fun. Lyndsey was informative and knowledgeable and has such a passion for what she does. In the current climate even with all restrictions in place, which made us feel very safe and comfortable, we thoroughly enjoyed our experience and would highly recommend it. It's a fun day out.Written 28 August 2020
- Staff here are all so friendly and we looked around the shop and the little information area before our time slot. When we got into the actual aquarium part I was completely underwhelmed by the size and thought this won't take 45min but then Kevin our guide started his talk. Kevin was extremely informative and I actually learned a lot. He was also funny and kept everyone's attention. Kevin was definitely the gem of the place. Don't be fooled by size. While the aquarium is far smaller than I expected, its more of a learning centre really and so still a really worthwhile place to visit.Written 21 July 2022
- Our family enjoyed our afternoon at the Museum of Ireland. The exhibition floors are very interesting and they provide much knowledge of Irish life through the ages. There is a also a lovely cafe here which does and excellent scone! The staff are very friendly and helpful.Written 23 July 2022
- Beautiful ruins of Cong Abbey set in magnificent parkland beside river - perfect for walks or picnic. A lovely facility to have in the pretty town of Cong.Written 10 August 2022
- A wonderful tour given by the engaging and knowledgable Carol. Our children 7, 6, 4 and 2 were captivated and loved the hands on elements. Marshall Doran was a wonderful character and the tour was worth it. We had a lovely brownie and drink the cafe afterwards too.Written 29 July 2022
- The highlight of our 10 day trip (for me, not my family, lol) was visiting Cong and walking in the Quiet Man shoes!Written 30 July 2022
- Lovely modern 200 seater theatre so can handle big plays and gigs with an intimate feel. Love it andWritten 21 August 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about County Mayo
- The best day trips from County Mayo according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Connemara Day Trip from Galway: Cong and the Kylemore Abbey
- Chauffeur Tours from Galway
- Connemara and Galway City Day Tour from Dublin
- Self Guided E bike Tour.
- Wild Atlantic Way Luxury Bike Safari.For that special occasion and person.