- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
13 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Myself and my partner got a fantastic tour around the Abbey this morning by Karen, such a historic, spiritual and peaceful place. Highly recommended.Written 19 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Beautiful church with daily masses, a choir and daily confessions. The architecture is amazing and the church well-preserved in part by keeping the heavy doors locked except for 8-1130 every morning. The local population is demonstrably proud.Written 20 September 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I visited for tea with a friend. It is so close to drogheda yet so serene and peaceful. The gardens are absolutely beautiful and the tea rooms are so cosy. There is not much choice on the menu but it is worth going for the gardens alone and we enjoyed an apple tart and spinach pastry. We had a stroll around the grounds after and saw owls, ducks, chickens, horses and dogs. The grounds are so nice to walk around. I will definitely be visiting Listoke again in the future.Written 8 May 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- St. Laurence's Gate, which led to the Friary of St Laurence, is widely regarded as one of the finest of its kind in EuroSt. Laurence's Gate, which led to the Friary of St Laurence, is widely regarded as one of the finest of its kind in Europe. It consists of two lofty circular towers, connected together by a wall, in which there is an archway. Visitors can appreciate the spectacular dimensions of the mediaeval walls south of the gate at Featherbed Lane.The attraction is worth seeing until today in very good condition.Written 6 November 2019
- We really enjoyed to see how skillful are those kids under the age of 14. Great paintings.
In the other hand private art collection by Raphael Hynes was good but we liked most Carey Clarke, brilliant canvas oil landscapes paintings. Thanks to Highlands Gallery for the chance to visit the exhibition.
Monica&AlexWritten 20 September 2020
- Lovely church to pray peacefully or go to Mass. I like to go to pray to St. Anthony and give him the donations I had promised him if he answered my request!Written 18 August 2020
- Absolutely love the monastic site at Monasterboice. Muirdeachs High Cross is magnificent. It features in most Irish school History books and with good reason as it utterly majestic. Very well preserved too considering it's age. The North and West Crosses are also beautiful as is the round tower that dominates the site. The grveyatds and church ruins are so peaceful and serene.
There's a small hut on the way in that was closed on our visit as it's out of season but I'd imagine it may sell souvenirs or even guided tours in summer? There's a decent sized free car park across the road opposite the entrance path and toilet facilities are available.
It's well signposted but it's a bit off the beaten track down tiny back roads. Trust the signs and you'll see the round tower looming as you approach.Written 10 March 2019
- Great to be out and experience the lovely walk along the Boyne river and to get in the feel of the vastness in a truly beautiful area!Written 5 June 2019
- This is in the northest part of Drogheda there are two stories and a spiral staircase. Again worth a visit to appreciate the tower and locaion,Written 18 May 2019
- Best bar staff on our special celebratory road trip😘Ashling and the boys( on duty and off!!!) are a credit to the owner and need reminding of this often so they don’t stray to another establishment!!Written 16 August 2021
- Great location in town and a nice place for a pint. When we were there it wasnt that busy, so we had enough place to sit. Staff was friendly as well.Written 13 January 2020
- This pub/venue is split into 4 parts:
Front bar- Great craic and live music was on when we visited. One of the best pints of Guinness in Drogheda.
Back bar, caters for a younger crowd with a jukebox and gig screen for matches.
The Living room-Live Music venue. We visited as we were attending a gig here. This spot is a hidden gem.
Beer garden. Probably the best beer garden in Drogheda and has a retractable roof too.
We will be returning to this bar on our next visit to Drogheda.Written 15 February 2019
- Arrived almost an hour before train was scheduled to arrive and rather than sit in the train station, popped into the Railway Tavern. Just a couple minutes walk from the train platform, great place to have a drink while waiting for train.Written 24 January 2019