- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
12 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Best bar staff on our special celebratory road trip😘Ashling and the boys( on duty and off!!!) are a credit to the owner and need reminding of this often so they don’t stray to another establishment!!Written 16 August 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Hi, we were in to watch a rugby match Sat. 12th. Great pints and craic. Tried to book a table for dinner at 6.45pm and was told by manager they were totally booked out.
Tried again with the girl at the counter and was told again "booked out". It was only when I asked her to double check that we finally got a table booked.
While we ate our fantastic meals there was 7 empty tables in the lounge and 9 empty tables when we left !!!!!!
The food was fantastic as always and our waitress was brilliant.
I do not understand why they are turning away business ?Written 13 March 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great location in town and a nice place for a pint. When we were there it wasnt that busy, so we had enough place to sit. Staff was friendly as well.Written 13 January 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This pub/venue is split into 4 parts:
Front bar- Great craic and live music was on when we visited. One of the best pints of Guinness in Drogheda.
Back bar, caters for a younger crowd with a jukebox and gig screen for matches.
The Living room-Live Music venue. We visited as we were attending a gig here. This spot is a hidden gem.
Beer garden. Probably the best beer garden in Drogheda and has a retractable roof too.
We will be returning to this bar on our next visit to Drogheda.Written 15 February 2019
- There are lots of Italian restaurants in Drogheda, but this one has a range of pizzas plus the usual burgers/fish and chips, which were perfect for us after a long day's sightseeing. The Grey Goose is more of an adult environment (let's face it, it's a bar) than the adjacent Il Forno, but there are TV screens, so there may be sport on.Written 16 November 2021
- It was ten out of ten I love this place me and my friends went here I think it’s so good it’s really recommended from me u should go 😚😋Written 12 June 2019
- Arrived almost an hour before train was scheduled to arrive and rather than sit in the train station, popped into the Railway Tavern. Just a couple minutes walk from the train platform, great place to have a drink while waiting for train.Written 24 January 2019
- I have fond memories of visits to Morgan's pub and the driving range with family when I was very young. I made a return visit only recently and it was like going back in time. Without doubt this has to be one of the most traditional pubs you will find in the locality. It was exactly as I recalled, full of character and a sense of real Irish tradition. It has a full bar on offer but we kept it simple with a few lovely pints of guinness! The pub is only a short drive from Drogheda town. Ann who runs the bar is a lovely lady. We had a great chat about family connections....and she even had a few old photos she could pull out while we were there! It is most definitely worth a visit. I hope this place just stays as it is for many years to come. We loved it!Written 16 August 2018
- Well that was a surprise!
Friends were playing a gig at the Barrel Vemue in Drogheda. So we gathered some folks and headed to McHughs.
The surprise for me, the Dub, was what I presume is the old gate of the town. Wonderful medieval gate and battlements. And the pub nestled just outside. Must be a great angle for promotion being in the shadow of the gate. And the other side looks more prosperous, banks and brighter street lighting too!!
We walked from the South Quays. It all looked a bit dark and deserted. Apart from the shining light of Casanovas Italian restaurant. Left after that, up the hill and there it is, McHughs. In we go. It is old school. Tv on the wall. Racing updates below it. And what a welcome from Hilary behind the bar. Now drinking tea does not normally endear one in a local boozer. But I was treated like royalty.
So we had a couple of real drinks and
More tea in Christmas mugs. The Band joined us and we discussed the promotion of the event and the expected modest crowd of friends from all places to see @trackdogs.
So from this small local we ventured through the door marked toilets and into the Tardis! The loos ooened into a venue with a barrel vaulted ceiling. This is altogether modern. A big bar at the back. Comfortable chairs to the left. The usua pub tables and a large dance floor. The greeting we got from the guy on the door was lovely and the requisite stamp on our wrists.
A new sound guy did an admirable job with a PA new to him and a band he had never heard. The support act was wonderfully named "Sally Something", worth paying the admission fee for her alone. Although how anyone makes anything with an eight euro cover charge, I have no idea.
Anyway. Great fun. Great night. Great staff. Great welcome. Well looked after. And a please tell fifty minute drive back to Dublin.Written 10 February 2019
- We were all thrilled recently with our laughter lounge night in spoon and stars Hostel . This is a comedy night that's arranged occasionally by the owners of the above mentioned Hostel . It's very well located on the Main Dublin Rd going into Drogheda. Close to train st and Dublin bus stops outside the door.
We went with a few of our family members and we had a great laugh show started at 8.30 ish and ended at 10.50 ish . It was a Byob night and if you decided to avail of accommodation that was ok too.
We stayed on their beautiful double room en suite. It also had a little kitchen element to it so we had all we needed . Highly recommend. Follow spoon and stars on Facebook to see when their next events are on . EnjoyWritten 21 November 2015
Frequently Asked Questions about Drogheda
- These are the best places for couples seeking bars & clubs in Drogheda:See more bars & clubs for couples in Drogheda on Tripadvisor