- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
27 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Very interesting and informative tour, and our guide Andre did a great job with it. It was cool seeing parts of the original castle, and then seeing the parts that had been modified in a French style for those who lived there. And after the tour, Kilkenny is a cool little town that's easy to walk around.Written 17 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Joe was our guide at Jerpoint Park.
He was welcoming and funny and full of history. The site is beautiful and we had all the time we needed to explore. No rushing.
The walk across the field in amongst all of the stone from the long road and the town set your imagination running wild.
After we were finished Joe brought his young dog Glen out and gave us a herding demonstration. I was in awe of the relationship between this man and his dog.Written 18 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- If you are into ruins, especially amazing ones don't miss this one. easy drive from Kilkenny and the attendant at the visitors center was excellentWritten 4 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Absolutely phenomenal activity. Great instructor, who family of all ages and athletic levels had a blast. Highly recommendWritten 1 June 2023
- Great day out at the park. We did the Octagon & Zipline package. The staff were very professional and friendly. They hooked us up to the harnesses and checked everyone was prepared and made us practice before we climbed on to the game. The Octagon was a workout trying to balance at a height. The zipline is great fun, I was nervous as I was due launch from drop off point, but the staff member was lovely, and she put me at ease. Once you get moving it is a thrill and over in a flash, but the views over the park as you move across it are beautiful. I can't wait to go back.Written 2 August 2023
- A very surprising visit, with immensely large trees from all over the world, planted 150 yrs ago. For instance you'll fins the largest sequioa tree in Europe. We were amazed by the Noble fir walk and the rhododendrons which were huge. We had no idea what to expect when we entered the garden and the arboretum, but it turned out to be a real secret garden, hidden in the hills above Inistioge. Well worth a visit, €5 entrance and you get to stroll around as long as you like and enjoy the results of the architectural mind of Lady Louisa Tighe from 150yrs agoWritten 29 July 2023
- Beautiful gardens and waterfall. Nice place to wander around and lost. Nice picnic areas. Plenty to see.Written 29 July 2023
- Well kept Cathedral that is worth seeing, if even just as a pitstop while walking around the city. I wouldn't go there to see that specifically, but it's good for what it is.Written 7 September 2022
- From morning coffee and scones at the Mullicháin to all the sights along the way it was a splendid walk along the river and canal banks that make up the Barrow Way. For pure "away from it all" relaxation this is a little bit of Heaven. Graiguenamanagh was beautiful with its floral displays and Barrow views and the lovely Waterside Cafe to top it off. Whether you hike it or bike it its a lovely journey.Written 6 September 2022
- This whole place is a delight. It’s different from many heritage attractions as it’s lived in by the owners. Geoffrey did a wonderful tour of a house crammed with artifacts, books and stuff. Lots of history here, as well as masses of paintings by Geoffrey’s partner. Even two young boys who had obviously decided beforehand that the house tour would be boring, perked up and became interested. The garden is quite wild, but children would love to explore it. Included in the gardens is a roofless church and overgrown spooky churchyard that you have to search out in the undergrowth. A nice café, with friendly staff selling good coffee and cakes. Worth dropping into even if you just want a coffee as it’s just off the main road.Written 17 September 2023
- It's a small entry off the street and quite narrow in the old part of the city. Thankfully it is in a touristy part so lots if people will see it and get a feeling of what life in medieval times might have been like.Written 30 May 2022
- Lovely facility with all the equipment that could be needed. Nice friendly staff and clean and tidy. A little expensive for a public facility and the pool was very busy with kids but lovely facility and will be back.Written 15 July 2017
- My first time going into your mall and I battled to find the entrance. Please upgrade your signage. Once l found my way in, it was easy to get aroundWritten 6 June 2023
- While in Stoneyford recently, I parked outside Knockdrinna cafe. I was planning on going to Kilkenny for breakfast, but decided to give this cafe a try, especially as the reviews were so good. Inside the cafe is rather quaint, traditional, but very cosy. We decided to sit outside in the beautiful sunshine. We both ordered full Irish. As an avid tea lover, I was well impressed with a fine big proper pot of tea. The artisan breakfast was beautifully presented, plentiful, so fresh, top quality ingredients, and ever so tasty. The toast, and real butter was delicious, and plentiful. We both cleared out plates. There's a lovely ambience at Knockdrinna, we were made feel so welcome. The staff are lovely, sincere, and friendly. It was totally by chance that I found this hidden gem. There is also a beautiful selection of homemade cakes, which I purchased, and it was delicious. I would highly recommend Knockdrinna, you won't be disappointed.Written 2 June 2023
- Had the pleasure of visiting this for an evenings entertainment. The concept is genius and is second only to the service. Not only can you bring your own treats or use the very excellent snack shack, but when you have finished they collect your rubbish from you. Best alternative idea for entertainment you can get. Top classWritten 26 November 2017