- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
42 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
Showing results 1-30 of 42
What travellers are saying
- We happened in on a midday worship service and we stood quietly inside the side door… we felt welcomed by the smile and nod of a parishioner. It is absolutely lovely!!Written 29 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Bought a beautiful Oak Beam recently for use as a mantle. Conor could not have been more helpful. He took the time to talk me through all my options and showed great knowledge, answering all my questions on installation and finishes. This place is a real gem. Highly recommend a visit but they are also online. Be sure to check them out … you’ll be glad you did!Written 16 November 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Well kept Cathedral that is worth seeing, if even just as a pitstop while walking around the city. I wouldn't go there to see that specifically, but it's good for what it is.Written 7 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It was great to visit this atmospheric institution, not only for the plentiful information available but also because of its lengthy history.
Established in the late 1500s for the indigent and destitute of the city, a service it continued to provide until the early 1800s.
By the way, the staff told us that the Information Office is imminently relocating to new premises. They didn’t know what role this evocative building will have in the future.Written 23 September 2019
- From morning coffee and scones at the Mullicháin to all the sights along the way it was a splendid walk along the river and canal banks that make up the Barrow Way. For pure "away from it all" relaxation this is a little bit of Heaven. Graiguenamanagh was beautiful with its floral displays and Barrow views and the lovely Waterside Cafe to top it off. Whether you hike it or bike it its a lovely journey.Written 6 September 2022
- Sitting in the glorious glass pods ,beneath the walls of the Lantern of Ireland and the Augustinian friaryWritten 24 March 2023
- Capuchin monks established an almshouse on this site in the latter half of the 18th century. The lovely church we see today was established in the mid-1800s.
An impressive nave of light pink hue takes the sight to the fine altar area. Columns and arches sweep along and provide space with side chapels and various offerings.
Beautifully decorative, the high altar has a holy painting as its backdrop, complemented with attractive stone work.
Striking statuary is to be seen. One sculpture shows the poignant scene of Christ down from the cross with grieving women around him.Written 30 September 2019
- Go and see the wonderful art on the walls here, there are always interesting exhibitions on. The owner Valerie has a great eye (I bought my first painting from her). Its a really lovely spot to spend time in. Its in a great part of town with some of the nicest cafes and bars nearby as well as Rothe House and Smithwicks brewery.Written 12 March 2019
- As Kilkenny was one of the last stops on our Ireland trip, we had already seen our fill of churches -- but this one looked very nice and the grounds with its green grass was very inviting, so we went in for a look. It was a very nice looking church with impressive high ceilings and stained glass windows. Worth a short stop if your in the vicinity.Written 20 August 2020
- It's a small entry off the street and quite narrow in the old part of the city. Thankfully it is in a touristy part so lots if people will see it and get a feeling of what life in medieval times might have been like.Written 30 May 2022
- My wife was very interested on the gift shops displaying many items made be artisan crafts people on site. She bought a little book of inspirational sayings which she thought would prove useful.Written 31 May 2022
- What a fantastic little gem in Thomastown. The fact that it's up near the top of the street might mean it's easily missed but we were delighted to have found it. It was a beautiful day so we sat outside and had a stroll around the lovely quirky garden and a good look at the plants for sale. It has wonderful staff who are part of the Camphill Community and that made it even more special for us.Written 25 July 2019
- Malzard’s Pub is exactly the kind of place we hoped to experience on our trip from the U.S. to Ireland. Fred Malzard’s Irish hospitality is unsurpassed — the ambiance, entertainment, beer and food are excellent. Our visit was great craic!Written 2 October 2023
- We had a lovely walk, not quite sure where we were going at times but a great couple of hours. Very peacefulWritten 27 September 2020
- Coffee is always a great excuse to get out the house.
We took a special lady into your center and were happy with your wheelchair friendly parking and the fact that the lifts were close by.
The only issue was the floor in the food court, the uneven ground caused an issue with walking the frame.Written 2 October 2023