Types of Attractions
Sights & Landmarks
Sights & Landmarks
5 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- It was amazing to get to see such ancient history! Not all of the carvings remained, but the ones that are still there are very cool. It's out of the way on some very narrow roads, but well worth it to see the site.Written 3 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Nice to be a tourist for the day do all the sight seeing weather permitting, put callan mote on your list.Written 3 February 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The remaining sections of the old Abbey that still stand are closed to the public, barricaded and apparently under repair/restoration when I was allowed to have a look through the access gate. The building dates to circa 1231 when it was founded by the Earl of Pembroke as a base for the Franciscan priests who had arrived in Ireland in 1226. The original structure had various extensions but it seems that most have disappeared to facilitate the expansion of the adjacent brewery. The sacristy was restored and is now an oratory within the brewery. The Abbey was disestablished in 1829 on the death of the last Abbot. My brief look indicated that it was an imposing building for the times, perhaps when repairs/restorations are finalized we can once again admire this medieval building.Written 22 June 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- One of the last pieces of the old city walls stretching across the lane just off the main street in Kilkenny.Written 21 October 2019
- Medieval Wall is located in various locations, sometimes only marked on the sidewalk. An example is 12 Abby street near the Black Abbey.Written 23 October 2022