Types of Attractions
Sights & Landmarks
Sights & Landmarks
3 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- It's a small entry off the street and quite narrow in the old part of the city. Thankfully it is in a touristy part so lots if people will see it and get a feeling of what life in medieval times might have been like.Written 30 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Medieval Wall is located in various locations, sometimes only marked on the sidewalk. An example is 12 Abby street near the Black Abbey.Written 23 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The unassuming shopper would never know the history of the hallowed ground beneath their feet except for the Kilkenny Famine Experience. Simply go to customer service and ask for the AV guide. Then follow the signage and take in the juxtaposition of then vs. now. The audio and video guide is engaging and covers a critical piece of Irish history in a historical building.Written 16 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
Frequently Asked Questions about Kilkenny
- These places are best for historic walking areas in Kilkenny:See more historic walking areas in Kilkenny on Tripadvisor