Food & Drink in Kilkenny
Top Food, Wine & Brewery Tours in Kilkenny, Ireland
Food & Wine Tours in Kilkenny
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
Food & Drink
8 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Bars & Clubs • Breweries
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- This was a great experience I enjoy Smithwick’s Ale and Kilkenny. The first time I had Kilkenny was in Prague at an Irish pub I was amazed. I live in the states and finally had the chance to come to Ireland. Barry was a fantastic tour guide and quite funny.Written 27 May 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Sinead (originally of Belfast), gave us a 90 minute customized tour and whiskey tasting. It was fantastic tour of how Whiskey, Poitin (moonshine), and a range of premium spirits: potato-based gin and vodka (distilled in a variety of botannicals) are made. We felt at home and very welcomed by Sinead. One of our very best distillery tours. Thank you SineadWritten 21 November 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Our third trip to The Devils Menu was a full day experience. Working with John and working through a plethora of new dishes. Prior to the session we had a call with John so he could get an understanding of what we wanted to learn and work on and then planned a comprehensive menu based around this. The fun didn't stop all day and it was a fantastic experience to learn from very talented chef. The ever present Hazel was there to to make sure that John was kept on track. Thanks to you both, a great day and we have already tried a. Couple of the dishes at home. Can't recommend highly enough.Written 27 March 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Didn't take long for us to fall in love with this place. The server gave us good recommendations for trying a four-beer flight. We then got pints and ate dinner off the food menu. Selections are limited, but we really enjoyed our chicken and sausage sandwiches. The Irish whiskey selection is carefully curated and comprehensive. I asked for a recommendation; the server brought over three bottles and took the time to give me a full description of each one. We might come back to Kilkenny just to go to this place again!Written 7 November 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- My girlfriends and I had an amazing private food and heritage tour. Jason was very responsive and helped craft a tour with the right timing and food options that would work with different dietary restrictions of our group. He introduced us to several different community members who shared their stories and also to a variety of historic sites as well. We felt like we had a little bit of insider access and could not have crafted something like that ourselves! Eating at the design center was incredible, with an amazing seafood chowder and GF chocolate cake; the Truffle fairy had delicious chocolates, tea at the Jerpoint lost town was yummy (as was the anecdotes about the history on their farm), and we had an amazing plate of vegan food at the Cutting Edge. I would recommend this tour to anyone interested in seeing the region around Kilkenny with a very personal touch!Written 29 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It was a wonderful afternoon. Richenda and her husband are great hosts. I learnt some great tips on cooking and the meal was delicious. She even emailed me some recipes!Written 19 September 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
Frequently Asked Questions about Kilkenny
- These places are best for food & drink in Kilkenny:
- Smithwick's Experience
- Ballykeefe Distillery
- Irish Music and Folklore Tours Online
- Brewery Corner
- The Devils Menu
- These are the best places for groups seeking food & drink in Kilkenny:See more food & drink for groups in Kilkenny on Tripadvisor