31 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
Showing results 1-30 of 31
What travellers are saying
- I went here as part of a tour group and had the best time! Months later, my husband and I still view this as one of the highlights of our Ireland tour. The owner was so fun and lively and the band was excellent! This felt like a genuine Irish experience of a good time out at the pub with friends! I’m so grateful that the owner has this experience for tour groups!Written 25 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Hard to find , no signs I recall visible from the street ! Friendly people , I think majority of patrons are tourist ! Great lace for a quick beer and share war stories with fellow tourist! Doesn’t open until around 6 pm . Several places to seat!Written 16 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Didn't take long for us to fall in love with this place. The server gave us good recommendations for trying a four-beer flight. We then got pints and ate dinner off the food menu. Selections are limited, but we really enjoyed our chicken and sausage sandwiches. The Irish whiskey selection is carefully curated and comprehensive. I asked for a recommendation; the server brought over three bottles and took the time to give me a full description of each one. We might come back to Kilkenny just to go to this place again!Written 7 November 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Always a buzzing pub to pop into with friendly locals and visitors. Great staff. Centrally located in Kilkenny.Written 21 March 2023
- Lovely warm and welcoming atmosphere. The staff are very friendly, the food was lovely, the drinks of course were great, and the little band put on good entertainment . Coming from oz, we had a great evening here and highly recommend it to anyone who likes a great night out at a pub!Written 28 September 2023
- We enjoyed a few drinks recently in The Dylan. Beautifully decorated in its dedication to Bob Dylan. Unfortunately the whisky menu was wasted on us but looked great if that's your thing. Bianca behind the bar was very friendly and informative about the whisky menu and the pubs story. There's a sign outside that says no stag parties and Bianca was definitely not tolerating any rowdiness from a group of guys enjoying a few pints. We didn't feel they were rowdy enough to be turned away. So definitely don't pop in if you're with a big group.Written 21 March 2023
- Magical beer garden, friendly bar staff and incredible snacks in the shop. Our favourite part of Kilkenny.Written 25 May 2022
- Delicious Guinness, great atmosphere and staff - spent a week in Kilkenny and a fair few evenings enjoying a pint here. Staff were lovely, other patrons kind and friendly. Already missing our Kilkenny local! :)Written 21 August 2023
- One worlde charm,warm,welcoming,cosy,friendly,all age groups,it's like walking into a country pub but in a city.Fab spot.Written 28 October 2023
- Ryan’s is a great pub and somewhere I’d love to call my local!! Arthur and the staff are always very friendly & welcoming, live music is great and the pints of Guinness are excellent. High stools in Ryan’s are prime real estate! Looking forward to heading back to kilkenny again in May. Thanks ArthurWritten 11 February 2022
- We were in Kilkenny most of a week, this evening looking for decent food for a decent price on a Tuesday eve. Found it in this pub, with friendly and efficient waitstaff. Good Irish coffee to top off a delicious meal!Written 21 November 2017
- Came in for lunch and found a beautiful laid out bar. Staff very friendly and helpful. For lunch had the cajun blackened chicken burger with chips absolutely delicious. Dish of the day was half roast chicken and was again delicious *sister comment"
Worth a visit.Written 21 July 2023
- This pub just can't be missed visually being quite substantial and painted blue. We didn't eat but had a look around the pub with a few beers in the open area out the front. The staff were very friendly chatting freely and serving professionally. Kilkenny has loads of good pubs but this one on this performance matches any of them.Written 5 March 2018
- No better place to hide from the weather. It's got it all. Pool room, massive selection of beer and wines, heated beer garden with tv, live sport, off licence, pizza, and bucket loads of fun.Written 11 March 2018
- I am originally from Ireland, but was in Graiguenamanagh last night, for the first time in my life. With a friend, we strolled along the south bank of the river, down to the lock, and back to the town. It was time for a pint. We walked in to Doyle’s Pub, only because the other pubs we passed were all closed. But how fortunate were we that they were closed.
Immediately thinking we were back in 1950s Ireland, with the front of the pub, still sporting, the old grocery section on the left-hand side, and the old hardware section on the right hand side. The actual pub selling beer was in behind.
After buying a pint and sitting by the roaring fire, Pat, the landlord came over for a chat.
We had only intended to stay for one pint, but actually ended up staying for about 4 pints. Pat was the consummate, landlord, full of chat, and definitively made it such that we did not want to leave.
I cannot recommend a visit to this establishment highly enough. Seek out Pat for a chat. Listen to his Spotify playlist. It is fabulous.Written 23 February 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Kilkenny
- These are the most romantic places for bars & clubs in Kilkenny:See more romantic bars & clubs in Kilkenny on Tripadvisor
- These are the best hidden gems for bars & clubs in Kilkenny:See more hidden gem bars & clubs in Kilkenny on Tripadvisor