- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
18 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- I had cause to unexpectedly spend quite a bit of time in Tralee recently as a family member was in hospital there. This led me out to Banna which is the closest beach to Tralee… only about 20 minutes drive. There is lots of parking, even during the heatwave. The beach is very , very long and wide and has nice hard sand suitable for very long walks. There was a small area of the beach supervised by lifeguards . I saw a lot of people surfing and the waves on a few days were perfect for this. Highly recommend!Written 15 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Had a really good time at this theatre! I was with a bus group and we got a tour which was really interesting and fun. After that tour we saw a part of one of their shows and i enjoyed it so much that i signed up for irish dance classes in my city!
I really want to come back some day and see another showWritten 3 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great place to bring the kids. Facilities are great. Some parts of the decor are tired, like some stained tiles, but overall its a v modern facility.
The wave machine and the slides are excellent. The Rapid River is great fun, but the amount of parents bringing kids into it and not looking after them was crazy. Some smaller kids were clinging to the walls screaming for their parents. My husband had to carry a little one whose father was oblivious to her.
We visited twice. First time was almost ruined by an over-zealous lifeguard. I understand that water safety is paramount but seriously, stop with the constant whistle-blowing and roaring at small kids. It's not necessary!Written 14 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I have to pay tribute to this superb museum, its my third summer in a row to pay a visit, and every time I see and learn more, things I missed on previous visits.
This time I had my elderly parents and uncle with me and the staff could not have been more helpful. They opened the lift for us to move up and down the floors and did everything they could to make our visit the best it could be
The exhibitions on Tim Crean and his Antarctic expeditions and Roger Casement are both outstanding. Beautifully presented and laid out and just so interesting.
In the basement they have done an incredible job recreating the medieval Tralee of The Geraldines .
As I nentioned, it's my third summer in a row and I fully intend to go back again.
Well done to all concerned in running and maintaining such a superb museum.Written 26 July 2022
- I visited Blennerville Windmill during my solo trip to Kerry. Very easy to reach from Tralee - whether by car, on foot or by bike - the mill and its visitor ventre are well worth a visit. First of all, I took part in a site visit to the mill itself. This was both informative - personally, I knew very little about how to operate a mill! - and entertaining as our guide very capably involved all visitors. I then visited the railway exhibition, with miniature recreations of the Irish railway landscape and pictures from the historic line between Tralee and Dingle. Finally, I visited the rooms dedicated to bread-making across centuries and the Irish emigration experience, with a painstakingly accurate reconstruction of the transatlantic experience of coffin ships as opposed to the Jeanie Johnston. I would definitely recommend a visit to anyone in Tralee, the experience being enriched by the kindness of the museum staff, who are as competent as they are ready to exchange a few words with visitors.Written 10 August 2022
- This park has diverse areas offering a number of different characters and features. It focuses on plantings thoughWritten 4 August 2022
- We visited with a group of varying ages - From toddlers to grandparents.
There's plenty to do from the Zorbing to Pedalo boating, rock climbing to simply strolling around. The staff were very friendly and accommodating- always a nice touch.
If visiting be sure to book things in advance. Pedalo boats seat 4 and cost €15. Zorbing was €9 per person - over 5's only and the wetlands and Tower was €3 pp.
Only download side was that the cafe has yet to reopen.Written 7 August 2022
- I used always come here when I was a child when it used be called “Toby World” and I always loved it 💓 I was invited to my cousins 6th birthday in The Playdium in September and I must say it is exactly as I remembered , cars , slides , ball pit, football area and a climbing section 🧗♀️ When i was younger there used be a disco room but that is now converted into a food area. A great little art area too for birthday party’s 🎈 At the birthday party’s you get sausages, chicken nuggets and chips always has been that way 😂 great birthday cake too 👍🏻 Highly recommend to everyone that has young children to bring them here ‼️Written 11 June 2020
- As always on our visits to Kerry we spend at least one evening here. Due to the pandemic we were fortunate that the hospitality area opened during our stay. Great night out. Wonderful staff as always, enjoyable food, lovely views….and we came out winning 😁Written 1 September 2021
- We drove along the causeway and looked out at the small but perfectly formed lighthouse. The location is beautiful and dramatic as the weather was not best and you could see the clouds rolling in from the Atlantic.Written 21 September 2021
- My boyfriend booked us a weekend getaway to Ballyseedy Castle as a surprise while we were on Holiday in Ireland. We had so much fun exploring the castle and surrounding woods.Written 20 March 2022
- We did kayaking with Eoin and Finn who are so friendly and knowledgeable. They told us lots of great stories of the surrounding land and we had lots of fun jumping into the water at the lighthouse, not to mention the great kayaking or the 3 dolphins that are regulars. I need to practise my penguin jump 🙂 We’re looking forward to coming back sometime to try the coasteering.
We would highly recommend.Written 15 August 2022
- Must be the best sea food I have ever had. Amazing! Staff were so nice, even remembered what we were drinking after going to bar once. Best place in Tralee.Written 3 August 2022
- Excellent teaching and we went from 0 to balancing on our tummy to standing in under 2 hours!! Kids loved it and I loved itWritten 28 July 2022
- Stayed in Brandon Hotel which was lovely. We ate out and were warmly welcomed by all. Beautiful food and well catered for outdoor eating. Tralee is a lovely town - big enough to get around and not too big.Written 15 August 2021