20 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Travelled by motorbike on the gap of dunloe. Incredible journey. Got lost once or twice and weather wasn’t great but the trip was greatWritten 9 December 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- You simply must experience having a huge bird of prey land on your hand. Mira was my guide for this controlled adventure. She was very smart and shared a great deal of her knowledge of these gigantic birds.
The Harris Hawk was my first experience of a huge bird fly towards me -and then land gently on my gloved arm. I then had a number of brilliant owls do the same! Very very special. (I’m to Gandalf’s right in the photo)Written 7 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Falconry Kerry is my favorite experience in all of Ireland. Until you’ve experienced a bird of prey with a 4 to 5+ wingspan fly towards your head and land right on your hand, you have not lived!
You will cherish the experiences for the rest of your life!
My guide was Kira, very knowledgeable about all the birds I met—eagle, hawk, owls.Written 26 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- What an amazing experience!!! We are in our mid-60's and are fairly active for our age. We did a fair amount of training to prepare ourselves for this hike - we did 7 days - Killarney to Sneem - and our tour was arranged with Wonderful Ireland. I cannot say enough good about this tour company. They are extremely detailed in communication, execution, follow through, and we stayed at the best possible locations at each stop. They moved our luggage to each stop and saw that our daily hosts provided us with a box lunch. emergency cell phone, detailed maps with trail descriptions, and trekking poles (absolute necessity). Yes, the hike was difficult at times, but we were fine. The trail is very diverse in terms of terrain and trail types. When we went the theme was WET! Of the 7 days it rained on 4 days. At times the rain was moderate and at times just showers. In places the trail was extremely wet and boggy. I highly recommend water proof shoes and also the use of mole skin for your feet. You will encounter sheep poo in abundance. I estimate that we climbed over 125 stiles along the way. At times we walked on back roads, pastures, rocky trails. At times you scale small mountains and almost every day you will be climbing and then descending. The views are spectacular. The lodging hosts at each stop were always very friendly and accommodating. Our favorite stop was at the Stepping Stone. The hosts here are very kind, accommodating, helpful and the food is gourmet quality. I know I am rambling but there is so much to say about this experience. We wished we had done the entire Way, but we did not have enough time and we did not think we would last 9 days on the trail - turns out we could have done it. Plan some extra time to see Killarney - it's a real nice town and a nice area. We spent one day in Dublin on each end of the trip - taking the train to Killarney and back - real easy to do.Written 19 June 2023
- This trail offers an amazing array of sports as it ascends to Ireland's highest mountain and it includes multiple distinct routes up Carrauntoohill. The Devil's Ladder is also a common route. Most of the "ladder" itself has corroded, making the climb up and down exciting, but highly rewarding.
The trails are well-marked, and the various terrain makes this amazing walk a terrific visitor challenge.
There are no facilities along this route; everything's at the trail start. Dogs are not allowed on trails due to many livestock. Like the mountains, the weather changes quickly, causing tourists some trouble, thus all equipment must be well-organized. The closest spot to visit is the Cronin`s YardWritten 26 May 2022
- Went for 2 days last week. It has good facilities a variety of food choices. The course is perfect for 1st timers everything close together. Beautiful area and friendly staff.Written 22 May 2022
- Travelled up this route with the fantastic Piaras of Kerry Climbing,they are simply the experts in all things Climbing and The Reeks,the mountain boasts some amazing views accross Kerry on a good day, and is a very enjoyable but strenuous climb.Only to be attempted with propper and correct gear,more than doable with a reasonable level of fitness,do not underestimate the dangers of the mountain and always with a very competant guide.Written 3 August 2023
- Hiked Mangerton mountain on a glorious day. Weather was fantastic which made the hike easier and the views were amazing.Written 29 September 2020
- Great fun on a rainy Saturday ! The lady who greeted us was so nice & friendly. Everything explained clearly when we arrived - some of us had never been to an escape room before. Great value too - would highly recommend !Written 19 November 2023
- We did Carrauntoohil by the devil’s ladder and Piaras and Neil were fantastic. Both obviously very knowledgeable, skilled and safety-conscious, but they were also good craic and created a great atmosphere for our group. The great weather and views helped too! Can’t recommend Kerry Climbing highly enough.Written 16 October 2023
- Michael probably the best fishing guide and teacher . Had a fabulous time very helpful and generous person his advice on fishing in Killarney is excellent.
Highly recommended.🎣🎣Written 11 October 2023
- My husband and I, along with my parents, had the pleasure of spending a September morning kayaking in Killarney! Our guide, William, was so kind and made us feel safe the entire trip. The weather was a bit windy but he always kept a close watch on us and made sure to find calm areas for us to relax and enjoy the scenery. We got to see an otter, a grey heron and some deer…it was delightful! William’s knowledge of the area, the foliage, and the wildlife only enriched our trip further. At the end our time in Ireland, we all agreed this kayaking tour was our favorite activity of the trip!
Also- much appreciation to Hester for making booking a breeze and getting us all set up in our wetsuits!
100% recommend!Written 23 September 2023
- What a surprise! What an experience. A must do when you are in Killarney: boat tour to Lord Brandon's cottage. From there on you can walk, bike, jaunting car or the boat back to Killarney.
Bur be on time when you made a reservation/payed, they will not wait.Written 20 September 2023
- Our 5 year old went on a Pony trek (15 mins) this morning on Harry. He had such an amazing experience and the guide (can't remember her name) was incredible with him, so reassuring and encouraging. Will definitely be back again for a little pony ride again. Such a great introduction to horse riding for a little boy who loves horses. She gave him a horse shoe at the end to keep and told him to make a wish, amazing touch! Thank you so much!Written 16 August 2023
- Donie our guide was great, knowledgeable, very funny and most importantly looked after us on a challenging hikeWritten 17 September 2023