41 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
Showing results 1-30 of 41
What travellers are saying
- Beautiful park! A mix of wide open spaces and forest. Great place to see the local wildlife. Paved trails for walking or cycling. Go inside the visitor center, located in Killarney House, for new and educational exhibits. Definitely bring the kids!Written 14 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Travelled by motorbike on the gap of dunloe. Incredible journey. Got lost once or twice and weather wasn’t great but the trip was greatWritten 9 December 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- One of our favorite places on our trip. Well worth the stop and the fee. I also bought a Trinity Cap at the Craft Center and I love it.Written 5 December 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Torc Waterfall is located some 7 kilometers south of Killarney. The sky was grey when we found a spot at the tiny parking lot on route N71 (Ring of Kerry). Sure enough (and unlucky us) it started pouring when we were half way up the trail towards the waterfall, in the green woodland. We did manage to get to watch the waterfall, roaring some 50 meters from us across the canyon. Only then, soaking wet, we rushed carefully down the now wet trail back to our car. It poured - yet we have enjoyed it. Recommended.Written 21 October 2023
- Very photogenic castle in Killarney National Park. I highly recommend the boat tours that depart from the area! There are restrictions and a cute little cafe outside the castle. Great place to grab a coffee and take a little rest during your time in the park.Written 9 November 2023
- I chose to go the Abbey because I wanted to see the 600+ year old yew tree growing in the courtyard. The tree was amazing and the Abbey itself was very interesting.Written 24 October 2023
- Mega view I bet on a clear day. What we could see between the rapidly moving stormm clouds of Agnes was pretty amazing! For a brief moment we could see islands in the water and stunning rolling hills. Would definitely like to try again on a finer day!!Written 2 October 2023
- You simply must experience having a huge bird of prey land on your hand. Mira was my guide for this controlled adventure. She was very smart and shared a great deal of her knowledge of these gigantic birds.
The Harris Hawk was my first experience of a huge bird fly towards me -and then land gently on my gloved arm. I then had a number of brilliant owls do the same! Very very special. (I’m to Gandalf’s right in the photo)Written 7 November 2023
- Located on the outskirts of Killarney (west of town center). This beautiful, large, serene and impressive Cathedral was built in the mid 19th Cent.in Gothic Revival architecture. Recommended.Written 28 October 2023
- What an amazing experience!!! We are in our mid-60's and are fairly active for our age. We did a fair amount of training to prepare ourselves for this hike - we did 7 days - Killarney to Sneem - and our tour was arranged with Wonderful Ireland. I cannot say enough good about this tour company. They are extremely detailed in communication, execution, follow through, and we stayed at the best possible locations at each stop. They moved our luggage to each stop and saw that our daily hosts provided us with a box lunch. emergency cell phone, detailed maps with trail descriptions, and trekking poles (absolute necessity). Yes, the hike was difficult at times, but we were fine. The trail is very diverse in terms of terrain and trail types. When we went the theme was WET! Of the 7 days it rained on 4 days. At times the rain was moderate and at times just showers. In places the trail was extremely wet and boggy. I highly recommend water proof shoes and also the use of mole skin for your feet. You will encounter sheep poo in abundance. I estimate that we climbed over 125 stiles along the way. At times we walked on back roads, pastures, rocky trails. At times you scale small mountains and almost every day you will be climbing and then descending. The views are spectacular. The lodging hosts at each stop were always very friendly and accommodating. Our favorite stop was at the Stepping Stone. The hosts here are very kind, accommodating, helpful and the food is gourmet quality. I know I am rambling but there is so much to say about this experience. We wished we had done the entire Way, but we did not have enough time and we did not think we would last 9 days on the trail - turns out we could have done it. Plan some extra time to see Killarney - it's a real nice town and a nice area. We spent one day in Dublin on each end of the trip - taking the train to Killarney and back - real easy to do.Written 19 June 2023
- We had a wonderful hike on the yellow (moderate) trail. From the highest parking lot our loop took us down to the lake and up to the waterfall on the way back. The hundreds of steps back up the mountain were a little challenging for me but I was so glad we did the hike! A wonderful day! One of my favorite days in Ireland.Written 31 October 2023
- This trail offers an amazing array of sports as it ascends to Ireland's highest mountain and it includes multiple distinct routes up Carrauntoohill. The Devil's Ladder is also a common route. Most of the "ladder" itself has corroded, making the climb up and down exciting, but highly rewarding.
The trails are well-marked, and the various terrain makes this amazing walk a terrific visitor challenge.
There are no facilities along this route; everything's at the trail start. Dogs are not allowed on trails due to many livestock. Like the mountains, the weather changes quickly, causing tourists some trouble, thus all equipment must be well-organized. The closest spot to visit is the Cronin`s YardWritten 26 May 2022
- the selection of whiskey is enormous and very good. Also the price is not that much for such rare examples. We also had dinner and it was very good, nice atmosphere and good service, as well from the bar as from the waitresses.Written 19 September 2023
- Driving through the Black Valley was one of the highlights of our trip in Ireland. Our favorite way of traveling is traveling obscure little roads to find hidden gems of an area. The Black Valley didn't disappoint. We drove it twice on this trip, once from Killarney, through Mols Gap and south down to Kenmare. Another time from our lodging in Portmagee, then up through The Gap of Dunloe.
The narrow, mostly one lane, winding roads rambled through mossy, rocky hills. Water was seeping out of everywhere and there were lovely little bridges that were built a few centuries ago. We felt really lucky to be able to experience this part of Ireland.
We made the trip in September of 2015.Written 26 December 2022
- Fantastic show! My wife and I were very happy that we went to the show! The dancers are incredibly skilled and was a very entertaining show! The band was very exciting too!Written 18 October 2023