- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
19 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- This was an exoerience I was really looking forward to ahead of our trip to Ireland and it did not disappoint. Our falconer, John is an incredible guide and teacher who you can tell genuinely cares for these birds. My group consisted of 6 (my family) and we each got ample time to be up close with Miko the Harris Hawk and a variety of the most beautiful owls I have ever seen. To be so close to these birds and witness their strength and intelligence was very special. I would do this again in a heartbeat! It's a good idea to pack a raincoat (when doesn't it rain in Ireland?!) and wear long pants since you're out in a field with tall grass (flies and mosquitos).Written 8 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This trail offers an amazing array of sports as it ascends to Ireland's highest mountain and it includes multiple distinct routes up Carrauntoohill. The Devil's Ladder is also a common route. Most of the "ladder" itself has corroded, making the climb up and down exciting, but highly rewarding.
The trails are well-marked, and the various terrain makes this amazing walk a terrific visitor challenge.
There are no facilities along this route; everything's at the trail start. Dogs are not allowed on trails due to many livestock. Like the mountains, the weather changes quickly, causing tourists some trouble, thus all equipment must be well-organized. The closest spot to visit is the Cronin`s YardWritten 26 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Highest peak in Ireland, the jewel in the crown of Kerry's mountains, several options to get to the topWritten 12 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Hiked Mangerton mountain on a glorious day. Weather was fantastic which made the hike easier and the views were amazing.Written 29 September 2020
- Did a guided climb of Torc mountain with Kerryclimbing. Very enjoyable walk. Our guides were very friendly and knowledgeable.Written 30 July 2022
- Had a great time with Mike. Fished the Felte and Killarney rivers. Ended up with 3 brown trout, caught swinging wet flies. I am pretty experienced, but still learned new wet fly techniques from Mike.
Price was good, day was fun and I caught fish. What more can a traveling fisherman ask for?Written 9 August 2022
- Great fun! Challenging and rewarding. Friendly staff. A good activity for groups. Would recommend...Written 30 May 2022
- John was an excellent guide, genuine and informative. The whole experience was great. We were lucky to have great weather conditions on the day.Written 14 August 2022
- We did several tours with Mick on our trip to Ireland: Galway to Killarney drive, Ring of Kerry and Dingle. Killarney Tour & Tax Service made travel planning so easy. We told them which areas we were going to be staying in Ireland and the company recommended a few tours. Having a driver was the way to go! Not only did we not have to worry about direction but Mick was also a wealth of knowledge and took us to some very interesting spots that we would not have found on our own.Written 9 August 2022
- Our group of 4 had a brilliant time in Glengarriff, Mark was a great guide and made sure we were all comfortable and getting on okay in our kayaks. He had lots of great local knowledge and pointed out the natural beauty of the area including the seals and white tailed sea eagles!Written 11 August 2022
- Did a kayak tour with Mick around Ross castle, he was a really good guide with good knowledge that he delivered well to us all, he made the history of Ross Castle and it’s surroundings very interesting.Written 20 July 2021
- What a wonderful ride through the park/forest. We absolutely loved the ride. The guides were attentive and the horses are wonderful. It was a very peaceful ride through the park, with great views and wild deer. Highly recommend and will definitely repeat on our next trip to Killarney.Written 4 July 2022
- Excellent day out climbing Carrantouhil, spectacular scenery made all the more interesting by our guide Pat Falvey. Got us up and down safely and we learned some history about the area and a bit of banter along the way. Would definitely recommend using Pat or his guides in the future especially if you're a novice climber or are not familiar with the area.
All in all a great experience and highlight of our trip to Kerry!Written 4 August 2022
- Our cycle tour of Killarney National Park and the Gap of Dunloe with Padraig and his daughter Ciara was a highlight of our trip to Ireland. It was pouring rain when we were scheduled to meet but Padraig recommended delaying for an hour for the weather to pass. It was an excellent call because the weather cleared up nicely and we were able to complete our tour.
By cycling, we were able to see the majority of the highlights within the park and experience riding through the breathtaking Gap of Dunloe within half a day and without feeling rushed. When our scheduled location for lunch was closed unexpectedly, Padraig kindly met us on the road with lunch to fuel our bellies for the final push through the mountains.
Highly recommend the Killarney & Beyond Cycle Tour to anyone visiting the area. The guides are professional, knowledgeable and certainly accommodating.Written 22 October 2019
- We hired bikes from here one road bike two ebikes and did a The Black Valley and the Gap of Dunloe. We were initially conservative with the batteries on the ebikes but they lasted the whole trip and were a great aide on hills. Friendly service, they have a good mix of bikes. Ebikes are only available on the Muckross Road shop, just down from the Castle Lodge. Definitely would hire from here again.Written 4 October 2021