4 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- This took a bit of work: The bike rentals are not affiliated with the ‘barge’ tour. Actually, the ‘barges’ were traditional boats and far more substantial than we anticipated. We expected to just be shuttled across the Lake, but enjoyed a scenic 90 minute tour of the lakes and interconnecting waterways. The bike ride over the Gap of Dunloe included a substantial climb - we are regular riders (non-electric) and actually ended up pushing our bikes for a bit (didn’t help it was during rain). Bike rentals from one of three ‘bike hires’ in Killarney. We used Killarney Bike Bike Rental. Bikes were better than expected, although they would have benefited from some maintenance. Ride from Downtown Killarney to the Ross Castle (where we met the boats) was lovely - through the Park a couple of miles. Views from the Gap back down were breathtaking, with steep canyon walls and cascading waterfalls. Ride back into Killarney did include some riding on roads, but these were low volume. When you get to the main road, there are bike lanes, and then a place to duck into the Park. Great excursion for the day!Written 1 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Did a kayak tour with Mick around Ross castle, he was a really good guide with good knowledge that he delivered well to us all, he made the history of Ross Castle and it’s surroundings very interesting.Written 20 July 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Our cycle tour of Killarney National Park and the Gap of Dunloe with Padraig and his daughter Ciara was a highlight of our trip to Ireland. It was pouring rain when we were scheduled to meet but Padraig recommended delaying for an hour for the weather to pass. It was an excellent call because the weather cleared up nicely and we were able to complete our tour.
By cycling, we were able to see the majority of the highlights within the park and experience riding through the breathtaking Gap of Dunloe within half a day and without feeling rushed. When our scheduled location for lunch was closed unexpectedly, Padraig kindly met us on the road with lunch to fuel our bellies for the final push through the mountains.
Highly recommend the Killarney & Beyond Cycle Tour to anyone visiting the area. The guides are professional, knowledgeable and certainly accommodating.Written 22 October 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The whole walk and climb on the Comeragh mountains Coumshingaun was exhilarating especially as we had a beautiful day.
Every couple of kilometers we stopped and admired the views around us.
The pace was well measured with breaks always at the right time with plenty of rest
All in all a wonderful experience definitely would repeatWritten 26 September 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Killarney
- These are the best places for kid-friendly bike tours in Killarney:See more bike tours for children in Killarney on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for couples seeking bike tours in Killarney:See more bike tours for couples in Killarney on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for groups seeking bike tours in Killarney:See more bike tours for groups in Killarney on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for budget-friendly bike tours in Killarney:See more budget-friendly bike tours in Killarney on Tripadvisor