- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
25 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- We spent a couple of hours walking through the park. We entered near Ross Castle and just continued to follow the trails. Very peaceful and beautifulWritten 13 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Beautiful place. Kate Kearney cottage i lovely. We use jaunting cars. the horses are in good condition and kept well. I have horse myself so i care about this beautiful animals. The quick update on some fake informations. The horses here are not working all days from morning till night just for few hours. They have days off too. They have access to food and water. I used junting cars few times and i can highly recommend. The guys are lovely and i like their company. This road should be close for a car traffic. Its not for tourist drive.Written 13 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Muckross House is impressive on the outside, sort of “meh” on the inside but the Farm Tour is what really made this a 5/5! We really, really enjoyed the entire Farm walk and stopped at every outbuiding and visited every animal we could. There’s a reproduction of a small farmhouse, with workers inside reenacting their roles (making butter, or bread, tending a fire, etc), and a middle sized farm house and then a big farmhouse with big barns and a schoolhouse and blacksmith. Here there is also an Irish Wolf Hound who was impressive to see. Lots of land in between with paths to walk. Really well done with friendly people inside, telling you what they can about history, etc.Written 13 August 2022
- The waterfall is beautiful and the walk to get there is wonderful. We stood watching the waterfall for some time; enjoying the peace and serenity of such a beautiful locationWritten 13 August 2022
- This was an exoerience I was really looking forward to ahead of our trip to Ireland and it did not disappoint. Our falconer, John is an incredible guide and teacher who you can tell genuinely cares for these birds. My group consisted of 6 (my family) and we each got ample time to be up close with Miko the Harris Hawk and a variety of the most beautiful owls I have ever seen. To be so close to these birds and witness their strength and intelligence was very special. I would do this again in a heartbeat! It's a good idea to pack a raincoat (when doesn't it rain in Ireland?!) and wear long pants since you're out in a field with tall grass (flies and mosquitos).Written 8 July 2022
- One would need boots for safety and warm clothes to be prepared for the Irish weather. We had hailstones and sunshine as we climbed. Beautiful views well maintained by volunteers.Written 10 April 2022
- We did the Ring of Kerry while on a motorcycle trip and it was one of the favourite spots in the south of Ireland. Spectacular views and plenty of pullouts along the way. Nice to go when it is quieter on the roads.Written 15 June 2022
- Lovely grounds to walk, beautiful house exterior. The inside is now redone and set up for modern exhibits (not like a reproduction home). The gardens and lawn are fabulous.Written 13 August 2022
- This was truly a thrill of a lifetime.
Liam was full of great info about the birds with a dry sense of humour and the birds were so well trained and incredible to see!
Thanks so much would give 6 out of 5 starsWritten 9 August 2022
- Such a beautiful area. Visiting Ross Castle was an added benefit - we would have been happy just for the opportunity to spend time in natureWritten 28 June 2022
- A spectacular place, a must visit! We left from Reen Pier and the whole experience was amazing. If you want to get away from the crowds, I couldn't recommend Innisfallen Island enough. The history and the scenery are just amazing!Written 21 May 2022
- This drive took us over 1 hour and brought us all around the gap of dunloe, mols gap and ladies view. Excellent roads (Most of the time ) but not for the nervous or anxious Drivers. Stunning SceneryWritten 25 September 2021
- This trail offers an amazing array of sports as it ascends to Ireland's highest mountain and it includes multiple distinct routes up Carrauntoohill. The Devil's Ladder is also a common route. Most of the "ladder" itself has corroded, making the climb up and down exciting, but highly rewarding.
The trails are well-marked, and the various terrain makes this amazing walk a terrific visitor challenge.
There are no facilities along this route; everything's at the trail start. Dogs are not allowed on trails due to many livestock. Like the mountains, the weather changes quickly, causing tourists some trouble, thus all equipment must be well-organized. The closest spot to visit is the Cronin`s YardWritten 26 May 2022
- Highest peak in Ireland, the jewel in the crown of Kerry's mountains, several options to get to the topWritten 12 July 2022
- The Dunloe Restaurant is a beautiful and chic restaurant. The staff are on top! We would like to thank Fredo an excellent French waiter for his motivation and dynamismWritten 27 September 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Killarney
- These experiences are best for nature & parks in Killarney:
- Ring of Kerry Tour from Killarney including Killarney National Park
- Full-Day Tour of the Dingle Peninsula, Slea Head, and Inch Beach
- The Ring of Kerry Day Trip including Killarney Lakes and National Park
- The Gap of Dunloe Full-Day Tour from Killarney
- Ring of Kerry Private Tour
- These are the best places for adrenaline seekers looking for nature & parks in Killarney:See more nature & parks for adrenaline seekers in Killarney on Tripadvisor