- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
16 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- I had a most wonderful treatment at the Angsana spa in the Brehon yesterday. From arrival with the girls at the reception to the use of the facilities, it was a great start of the spa experience. But the treatment was second to none. Aree was absolutely amazing and the full body massage and mini facial was exactly what my tired body needed. The massage was excellent and Aree paid close attention to aches and gently working on problem areas. She worked the facial products in with the most wonderful massage techniques too and every moment was just pure bliss. Highly recommend Aree and can't wait to be back.Written 21 March 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Myself and my wife had the aromatherapy massage. It was excellent and we both felt super relaxed afterwards. This is a great place to go for a massage while in Killarney.Written 24 July 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I was on a 14 Day bus tour when on the 4th Day something went wrong I could not walk without severe pain. Our tour stopped in Killarney. I call around to several massage studios but could not get an appointment, then a miracle happened one of the studios gave me Tony's name and number. Tony called me immediately and setup an appointment. It was set for an hour but after the hour I new I needed more so Tony extended the appointment for an additional 30 minutes. He was so good and seemed to reach every spot that need some work (a lot of work!!) He also gave me some exercises to help me on the rest of the trip. The massage was great and although sore I could walk with less pain and I was able to complete my trip. Thanks is not enough!!Written 5 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- My girlfriend attended Muckross spa for a facial. On arrival the staff were very helpful and attentive. She filled out a questionnaire regarding covid and was brought into a treatment room. The beautician explained the treatment and the products being used and how they are effective for your skin. The facial treatment lasted one hour and with complete relaxation. My girlfriend was glowing following the facial, with very smooth skin. She would attend this spa for a facial again, excellent experience.
She also attended the spa for a second day for a full body massage. Again the staff were very helpful and attentive. The full body massage was brilliant, the masseuse gave options of firmness of the massage and clarified the pressure was still comfortable. She would highly recommend the spa treatments at muckross.Written 13 September 2020
- We have returned from a wonderful weekend in this beautiful hotel with fantastic staff and service from Reception to Bedroom to Lounge We had a wonderful dinner with Drinks
We could not find fault and look forward to our next visit LLWritten 17 February 2022
- Girls weekend room only. Clean well decorated. Comfortable beds great bathroom & slerp. Room only so headed for swim 🏊The room & pool was great . Clean big all the facilities room only so went to pool & jacuzzi great clean will return friendly staffWritten 23 April 2022
- My sister and I booked a spa day with the Aghadoe Heights hotel and spa as a treat for my sisters wedding, staff from start to finish were excellent, the hotel is so beautiful inside and out and the view of the lake across the way was unbelievable, it was like a picture,
I would like to mention two staff members in particular, I had the privilege to meet the lovely Lauren in the spa, she was so professional, caring and fantastic at her job, Lauren understood my needs and gave me great advise, I couldn’t recommend Lauren enough, I hope the Aghadoe Heights know they have a gem working for them,
The second member of staff was Maura in the restaurant, she was so attentive, chatty and kind, she made us feel very relaxed and was a pleasure to talk to, without even requesting, Maura brought out a dessert especially for my sister with a gorgeous flamed candle and best wishes wrote on the plate, it was so special and made my sister feel so happy with everyone clapping in congrats to her for her wedding, we both teared up over this kind gesture from Maura, we will always have that memory thanks to Maura for doing it on her own without me even having to request it, she truly loves her job and really goes the extra mike for her guests, she is a credit to the hotel also.
We had the best day at the Aghadoe Heights and will definitely be returning, we didn’t want our day to end!Written 26 April 2022
- I’m giving them four stars only because our treatments were amazing and that was the main reason we went. However the facilities are far from what I would expect for a 4* hotel. If you want to enjoy a day or a couple hours in a spa, this is not the place for you. But if you simply want a great massage or facial then I highly recommend it. There is 1 pool and 2 small sauna/steam room in the pool area. There are only 3 lounge chairs in the whole pool area. No relaxation area or jacuzzi. The changing rooms/showers were not very nice and could use a renovation. Overall, it is not a very “zen” environment until you get into the treatment area. My full body exfoliation and hot stone massage was incredible. I would definitely go back for a treatment. However, I would just show up for the time of the treatment and leave straight after.Written 9 March 2019
- I have been traveling for awhile and I am so grateful to find this studio. Adrian and Elaine are amazing instructors and I loved my class so much I came back 3 days in a row. It is a lovely studio, wonderful instructors and a great work out. I would give 10 stars if I could! Thank you so much!Written 11 September 2019
- Beautiful little salon on the main street of Killarney. Lovely atmopshere, scented candles, peacefulness. The lady was so kind and an absolute professional, we discussed in advance what I need and she combined different massages for me to give me the best results which was a really deep relaxation and recharged my batteries. The price is great too, I can only recommend it. Dont miss out on this experience if you are in Killarney! Thank you!Written 27 June 2018
- Had a child's birthday party here over the weekend. Excellent place for same. Loads of games and activities and Sean C was without doubt fantastic with the children! However I do feel some balloons or nice table cloth for party would be nice for our table. Also I worry about safety where the table for party was located a child can stand on a chair and looking down below at basketball court could fall from a height! So maybe this needs to be reviewed! Reception staff need to welcome people too and direct them.However Sean C made up for reception staff he was do professional and accommodating and kids loved him!Written 14 May 2017
- Im really thankful to Matteo for his professinal help from every perspective!
Thanks a lot and see you next time! 🙏Written 11 July 2022
- Tried the fish pedicure at Happy Feet after a day climbing the local mountains. It did wonders for my aching feet. The staff at the spa were very helpful and friendly. I would highly recommend this experienceWritten 13 July 2012
Frequently Asked Questions about Killarney