- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
90 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- This pub has been here for years Ames has a warm and inviting feel to it. Authentic live Irish music often. A must visit.Written 23 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We stopped by on a late Sunday afternoon so I’m not sure if that’s why there was music available during the day - but the music was great. Downside - very crowded. Lots of tourists (Americans) so finding a seat and getting a drink was a little hard. But we are grateful for the music so it’s worth a stop.Written 18 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Perfect night out in Galway, lots of laughs. All the comedians were great, and it was eye opening to get a feel of what locals think.Written 4 June 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Our airbnb host recommended this place and we're glad we went. Very interesting interior with lots of stuff to look at. Some comfortable seating if you get there in time and close to the music so we could enjoy both the drinks and the music in comfort. I'd be a regular if I lived in the area.Written 23 September 2023
- Went here for a lunch as a family of 7, really good toasted sandwiches, got the upgrade for a soup which was excellent and only 2 more euros! Good pint of Guinness as well and friendly staff. Well worth a visit, too early for the music but looks an ace place for it.Written 27 August 2023
- What a marvellous team. What a marvellous service. When you forget your coat the send it after you. Even when you live in Holland!!
Wim and RiaWritten 20 September 2023
- I’ve been in thousands of bars in my life and this ranks up at the top. Old Irish pub with modern fantastic semi covered beer garden with faux shopfronts to give it a street feel. Great vibe. Everything very clean. Toilets A1. staff sharp and on the ball. Guinness great. Pratai/ chip stand in beer garden with great chips. Very popular. No negativesWritten 4 September 2023
- We brought our mam away for her birthday Brian the manager made my mams birthday special he went to the ends of the earth for us thanks so much for a memorial weekend couldn't fault this place the music was brilliant and the staff were so pleasant we will be back👍Written 21 August 2022
- I had a great time in this bar with my friend. The welcome was warm, the staff was smiling and efficient. The atmosphere and decoration of the bar was relaxing and at the same time festive, ideal to chat with friends and listen to music in the background.
Very good place to have a drink with friends in the Irish folklore. I would recommend it again.Written 15 May 2023
- 8 of us went to Caribou last night. We were marking the finalisation of our dissertations with food and drinks. We had a great night. The staff were so lovely and helpful. HUGE shoutout to Dee who kept us entertained, fed and watered for the night. She was great craic and an absolute delight!Written 26 August 2023
- It has to be the best spot in Galway, what a night! We had the craic from start to finish and the live music was A1Written 25 August 2023
- King's Head will mean a wait up to fifteen minutes for a table if coming at dinner time, but the food and service make the wait worthwhile. There is seating outside, inside and upstairs but it is that popular.Written 27 June 2022
- Great selection of beer! We were walking by and stopped in. They had tables setup in the street so it was very nice to sit outside on a warm night and enjoy the location and watch people as we enjoyed our drinks.Written 23 September 2023
- This bar is in the Latin Quarter area of Galway. It is not as touristy as other pubs in the area, and , thankfully, quieter, especially inside the premises. Not only serves up a nice pint of Guiness but also has a nice selection of local whiskies, of which I liked the Connemara 12 yrs most. Also thankfully does not show Premier League on TV but local horse racing......Written 30 August 2023
- Faultless experience. My brother had his 30th in Taylors on Saturday night. The whole family was there including the dog who was made feel spectacularly welcome, and my Dad who uses a walking aid enjoyed nothing but comfort.
Really couldn't have asked for any more.
Superb porter and the staff were like family. The music was very fitting and even though we sat beside the musicians the conversation was unintruded upon.
We'll be back next chance we get! Top marks to Taylors
Thanks to everyoneWritten 29 August 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Galway
- These are the best places for kid-friendly nightlife in Galway:See more nightlife for children in Galway on Tripadvisor
- These are the most romantic places for nightlife in Galway:See more romantic nightlife in Galway on Tripadvisor