6 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Enjoyable strand that is well worth a visit. Good place for walking the dog or for going for a jog. Recommended.Written 28 September 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Very pleasant village clean and attractive to walk through fabulous beach front walk
Loads of good pubs and places to eat The old spot and Mulligans are just two of them
We had dinner in Mulligans expecting pub grub but it was full restaurant standard very friendly staff great service and amazing food from starter to dessert
Very close to the Aviva too would highly recommend a visitWritten 8 March 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- On a Sunny Summers day; a 20 mins Dart ride to the Southside to Seapoint; an enclave of delight. Tide dependant one can join the Dublin bathers and plunge into the cool, crisp Irish sea. Revitalising and refreshing you will feel so uplifted your feet will not feel the ground beneath you. To cap it off treat yourself to a delicious cuppa in any of the cafes dotted along your walk to Dunlaoghaire or Blackrock. it will be an experience you will reminisce with joy and delight.Written 2 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The best place to swim in Dublin water is always so clear. It is tide dependent however the forty foot is only around the corner there's always water thereWritten 19 November 2023
- Nice short walk on the coastline, north Dublin. Not a lot around but the scenery is good and peacefulWritten 29 December 2018
- Friday 29th July we drove to the South Bull Wall, we were here to walk the Wall to the Poolbeg Lighthouse.
We parked up in a small parking area at the top of this beach, which is located between Irishtown and the South Bull wall. A disused power station with it's two iconic red and white chimneys is nearby.
We walked along the beach towards the South Bull Wall, it was a bit of a bonus as we had not anticipated doing so.
A crescent shaped beach with dark brown sand it is a wild and rugged beach that is cared for by nature and washed by the Irish Sea. It is protected by rocks to the rear and the Wall along one side.
From here we were treated to great views across Dublin Bay, with Bray and Dun Laoghaire on one side and Howth on the other.
Whilst it is very picturesque here we got the impression that it was a scenic walking area rather than a functional beach.Written 5 November 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Dublin
- These are the best places for couples seeking beaches in Dublin:See more beaches for couples in Dublin on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for budget-friendly beaches in Dublin:See more budget-friendly beaches in Dublin on Tripadvisor