Scuba & Snorkelling • Water Sports
4 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Great teaching, enthusiastic instructors, small classes which aided learning. Even though the age range in the class varied from 13 to 50 everybody was made to feel equal and comfortable. No complaints. Highly recommended.Written 23 October 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Having done a few courses with the INSS over the summer of 2023, and some sailing on the Mediterranean, doing the Competent Crew course with others who were doing the Day Skipper course at the same time was the highlight of my time learning how to sail. The reason it was the highlight was largely due to the course instructor Shona O'Dowd (I made certain to get her full name before leaving to give her the credit she deserved). Huge knowledge and experience mixed with a great attitude, with friendliness, patience and approachability making Shona stand out and make each day of the course something to look forward to regardless of weather or experience level. Shona guided practical use of all facets of sailing knowledge excellently and never micromanaged or tried to exert too much control, thereby never limiting the learning that can take place for students.
This teaching style is difficult to find, having seen a variety of instructors and their styles, in different countries and even within the INSS, and so you will be very lucky if you get Shona on your boat when it comes your turn to learn the ropes (literally). All in all, the Competent Crew course was very enjoyable, and I just wanted to give credit where it was due.Written 20 August 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Nice guys, great tour and well worth the money. Good way to see parts of Dublin that you might not from the land!Written 13 October 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Raheny Summer Project have had 3 groups of 35 children and teenagers each time this week to Kayak & Raft at this excellent facility. This is our 3rd year here and we will continue the tradition returning next year to bring our groups to raft & kayak with Alan and his team. From the fab facilities, clean and correct gear to wear, boats and paddles to the care and 100% attention they give to the children we cannot fault in any way.
Our kids arrive happy, get a briefing on safety and gear, get geared up, they help with the boats and learn about safety on the water. They are taught the basics in a fun and safe environment, play games on the water to increase confidence and get to splash, jump in and swim around with their friends.
This increases confidence, gives them the skills they need to play safely near and in water and enables them to make friends easily as they are happy and carefree. Leaving after the session they return to our base with happy smiling faces.
I can not recommend this facility enough for the staff, care and attention and not to mention the leaders free cups of tea/coffee.
Thanks Alan & co for another successful year of rafting and kayaking for our Summer Project children.
Denise Egan, Rachel Moore, Ita Creagh and the team of volunteers and children of Raheny Summer Project.Written 26 July 2018