Islands • Nature & Wildlife Areas
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
7 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Perfect place for a Walk and Coffee with friends, couples or alone.
People are always friendly and move aside when walking due to COVID.
Great part of Dublin to visit.Written 9 November 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Lovely place unfortunately had to leave early due to the fact neither food outlets accommodate a child with a dairy allergy . To be fair one would but she could only eat egg bacon or chicken . She doesn’t like chicken and had eggs and bacon for breakfast . We left not having our money’s worth with a hungry child in tears .Written 1 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It's a long walk to the lighthouse, but it's worth the it. Right in the middle of Dublin you can enjoy some nice views of nature and the bay, gather some beautiful shells or just relax.Written 10 February 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A very interesting wild bird sanctuary in Booterstown,with an observation area with seats to spot many wild birds at different times of the year, and enjoy the lovely sea air blowing in from Dublin Bay.Written 12 September 2019
- Fantastic walk suitable for all fitness types. Lots of narrow walkways. Dogs mainly on leads. Picnic areas dotted around. Allow 1.5-2 hoursWritten 25 March 2018
- Excellent forest with great hiking and walking. It’s a super place to visit and picnic. Walks thru and to the top of the hill lead to the Leadmines which also has great views. Recommended.Written 7 May 2020
- Some apartments were built on the site of what was probably a nice period house around 30 years ago, and this little triangle of land nearest the road junction was leftover, for whatever reason the developer did not use it.
Sure, undisturbed back gardens can be very good havens for city wildlife, and for that reason it is a good thing. But don't get the idea that it is worth a visit.
There are countless other (better for wildlife) long private back gardens around Ranelagh and Rathmines.
But hey, there is a very interesting old milestone on the far side of the road "Rathmines 1847" Its from the days when Rathmines was its own little town, with Dublin to the north and the fields of Donnybrook to the south. Donnybrook Fair was an infamous annual horsefair, piss-up and general brawl that people used to come from far and wide to enjoy.Written 9 December 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Dublin
- These experiences are best for nature & wildlife areas in Dublin:
- Cliffs of Moher Tour Including Wild Atlantic Way and Galway City from Dublin
- Small-Group Wicklow and Glendalough Day Tour from Dublin with Horse-Back Riding
- Celtic Boyne Valley Day Trip from Dublin
- Small-Group Wicklow and Glendalough DayTour from Dublin with a Guided Walk
- Giant's Causeway & Belfast City Day Tour from Dublin