Bar, Club & Pub Tours • Distillery Tours
17 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- The experience was great! Very easy to understand, learn and most importantly have fun! The providers are very knowledgeable and friendly. Definitely recommend this.Written 5 December 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Went with some friends, and we had a fund afternoon. Got to mix our own gin flavour which was awesome to do. Tried some of their mixed drinks and ended up bringing a few of them off with us.Written 23 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- John was AMAZING, incredibly knowledgeable, and fun! He’s a perfect guide for private tours and has a great sense of humor! He provided so much history and information, this tour made our son’s 30th birthday very special! We HIGHLY RECOMMEND a private tour with John!!!Written 23 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Looking back on our (two 40 something women- best friends from USA) 8 day trip to Ireland in August and a stand-out day for us both was our day spent driving from Galway to to Dingle (with a few stops along the way!) with Aubrey/Abbeyleix chauffeur!
Prior to the actual trip, when planning our itinerary , Aubrey was communicative and very responsive to emails. He made helpful suggestions when planning our drive based on our time frame and our interests.
And, then, from the moment Aubrey picked us up from our hotel in Galway on the day of our drive we felt at ease- he was friendly, relaxed, and sweet natured. Great vibe! It was wonderful for us to not stress about driving the roads of Ireland and he was knowledgeable about sights and history pointing things out along the way. After hearing about my love of seeing the sheep in Ireland, he made a call and was able to get us into a very last minute stop at Caherconnel Sheepdog for a demonstration- which was a special spontaneous stop for us!
Last but not least, he gave us a gift/token of appreciation for us that was so incredibly thoughtful. I will always cherish it.
We plan to use Aubrey again on a future trip- and I would absolutely recommend to anyone seeking a wonderful chauffeur experience in Ireland !Written 30 September 2023
- Wow. Can I give 6 stars on this review? If not, I will stay with 5. I view tours like this as an opportunity to make of them what you will. This was a case where we were open to the adventure, and Joseph was super engaged to share the same.
For context, we travelled as a family of six, visiting the north of Ireland, along with the separate country of Northern Ireland.
If you have the chance to travel using a dedicated guide (as opposed to on-your-own, or with a large tour group), this approach is great for the obvious reasons – flexibility, dedicated conversation with a knowledgeable guide, ability to avoid peak tourist times at sites, visit famous sites as well as unknown, etc.
Joseph shined in handling our trip. He is outgoing, and is knowledgeable about Ireland, the Irish language, and the Irish culture. Specifically, I noted and appreciated several things Joseph did to maximize our holiday:
1. Easily adjusted the itinerary or schedule when we had minor health discomforts pop up.
2. Decided to add an unplanned visit on our itinerary after we arrived at a specific site, but suffered a cancellation when the weather intervened.
3. Would often share in the morning some info that he had investigated the previous evening, tied to a question or conversation we were having the previous day.
4. Without being asked, provided us with an after-the-fact map showing our entire route through Ireland, labelling all visited sites.
5. Shared (sang) many Irish ballads appropriate to each of the sites we were visiting. And often shared recorded music from Irish performers.
A measure of success if often whether you would use the same tour guide again. Should we visit Ireland again (to visit the South), we would definitely reach out to Joseph. More than that, we have invited Joseph to stay with us should his travels ever take him to our home city.
When we arrived in Dublin, we met our tour guide at the airport. When we departed, we left a friend behind. My wife said good bye with a hug and some tears. May your trip be as memorable.
Dave I and FamilyWritten 24 October 2023
- A full day trip to Northern Ireland attractions by bus. Our guide, Lisa, was excellent. No question stumped her. She managed her flock of 44 passengers in a seemless manner. She made the rules quite clear but in a friendly and funny manner. Consequently there were no issues with late passengers holding up the whole bus which often happens in large tours. My husband and I were very impressed. She also has a very melodic voice, a real asset when you listen to someone for 9 hours. Our driver, Stephen, was unflappable despite narrow roads and bad drivers, one of whom was driving on the wrong side of the road. Altogether, a very good experience.Written 15 September 2022
- Excellent experience! We rode the vintage train carriage from Dublin to Kilkenny today. We sampled whiskey on the train on the way down, then had a lovely three course lunch at the beautiful Langton's Hotel. Had some free time in Kilkenny after lunch and the boarded the train back to Dublin and enjoyed another whiskey tasting on the train. Very pleasant experience overall. Recommended!Written 21 August 2022
- A little over a year ago, I set out to plan an amazing trip for my husbands 60th birthday. He has family from Co Donegal and knows SOME of the origins. I went through many searches and FB groups and finally got hooked up with these lovely folks - John Colclough specifically, listened to my email of what mattered to my husband and got us hooked up with Henry Doohan of Donegal Tour Guides. John booked absolutely lovely places with amazing views and many very cool stops. He left room in our days to allow Henry to take us to specific places he knew as a native. It was the most beautiful marriage of knowledgeable people. John was always there when I had a question. If you want an amazing trip to Ireland or the UK I'd contact him~!Written 5 September 2022
- Jim met us at the airport along with our Chauffeur upon our arrival in Dublin, gave us some sites to see that were close to our hotel and then then next day did a 4 hour tour with us including the Book of Kells at Trinity College and St. Patrick's Cathedral. He was a great guide and very accommodating given my mom has mobility issues and we had to wait for a rolling walker to be delivered the morning of our tour since the airline lost ours. He adapted the tour for my Mom's limitations. He had great knowledge of the area and what he was showing us.Written 14 September 2019