Top Attractions in Donegal Town
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Donegal castle is a restored 540+ year old Celtic castle, it is not a must see.
It is located in the middle of Donegal town.Written 4 November 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We did not stay here but was part of our walk one day. Maybe stay next time if we win the lottery lol! Look stunning and amazing grounds.Written 18 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Very small place with little signage. Nice to walk around and imagine how it might have looked in the day.Written 16 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Wonderful drive, with plenty places to park up & take photos. The views are truly amazing. Stunning!Written 18 October 2022
- Still find myself thinking of this trip…. Went on the Getty with 2 young boys. They love exploringZ loads of history. A glimpse into the past. I have never felt so at peace/ at home. We brought a picnic. Lovely beach. Just was heavenlyWritten 29 May 2022
- Well worth the drive. Views are amazing, what more can I say. Read the history before you visit, very sad but so true.Written 18 October 2022
- It is so hard to believe what you actually see as you drive through. Well worth the drive. Take time to locate a spot to park for photo's.Written 18 October 2022
- if you have family who like trains this might be the place for you. it has a lot of games for kids who are preteens and it pretty cool.Written 27 November 2019
- Highly recommended for a short family break with great beach and lots to do for kids and kids alike such as Aquapark & AmusementsWritten 13 August 2021
- I love that Ireland churches are open all day! I felt so lucky to be able to walk into every church, light a candle and say a prayer! This church in Donegal was stately and so very beautiful!!Written 19 September 2019
- This is another old Church. Really nice inside a little smaller then it looks outside. Great pictures from the upstairs.Written 12 November 2019
- We had a great day on the Mulroy Drive , stopping and spending time in several places along the way .
Some spectacular views with plenty of places to stop and admire the scenery .
Even in the middle of Winter it's beautiful ❤️Written 22 February 2020
- Once you have seen one, and there are many in Ireland, they all tend to be the same. This one was smaller than others I had seen, but still worth the look.Written 19 April 2019
- You definitely have To go to thé Craft Village ! Michelle Mckee is a wonderfull woman who makes landscapes of Donegal with mool, you can ask her how she does and you will be very impresse !!!! Thank you and contragulations, you are a very good artist !Written 27 August 2019
- Well worth the visit to this beautiful clean beach with clean clear water that our 3 year old loved.Written 6 September 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Donegal Town
Donegal Town Attractions Information
|Local Time||Monday 8:11 p.m.|