11 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Definitely worth the visit! The castle was incredible. The grounds are beautiful. So much to see so give yourself plenty of time to explore!Written 19 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This Church and tower is an interesting experience from several perspectives. You climb stairs to the level of the bell pulls where you can pull the ropes to play different tunes that ring out over the city. After you ring the bells, a unique opportunity, you get to climb the stairs of the tower. The climb includes passing through the level of the bell mechanism and is topped by an expansive view of the City of Cork. The view of the city enables you to appreciate the historic and economic significance of the city as you look over the old and new neighborhoods. You also get to spend time in the wonderful historic church itself. The experience brings new meaning and life to the wonderful Irish song and poem The Bells of Shandon by Francis Sylvester MahonyWritten 29 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Beautifully designed and spotlessly clean, friendly helpful staff, lovely showers and extra towels everywhereWritten 23 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This was my first visit to any comedy club and it was amazing, Brian who runs the club is so welcoming and kind it immediately puts you at ease.
On the night there were a number of comedians performing and they were all great. I would highly recommend it to locals and visitors alike.
An amazing way to spend an evening.Written 7 September 2023
- So much fun at Céilí by the Lee. Teacher was excellent. He taught us 2 great dances, joking along the way. Everyone smiling, chatting, spinning & having the craic. Will definitely go again. ☘️Written 11 October 2023
- Had a special treat of 1/2 a day at Fota Spa . All was wonderful but the serenity massage with Yvonne was amazing .
Highly recommended Yvonne .Written 19 October 2023
- We booked a private ride on this boat! Significantly more fun and speedy than the self drive. Had and absolute blast with our pilot Richard. Major highlight of the vacation!!! DONT HESITATE! DO THIS!!!Written 10 September 2023
- This was on my bucket list from years ago. I had read about this particular tour on Lough Hyne during the night so that you can see the bioluminescence, which is a unique experience on the only salt water lake of its kind in Europe and the first marine reserve since 1981. I highly recommend bringing your own black light flashlight so that you can see the glowing shrimp on the bottom (although our guide passed one around). A decent level of experience with kayaking will help, especially with the limited visibility. The guide has a lamp in which you follow. Putting your paddle in the water and drawing it forward brings a shimmer that I wish I could have captured with a photo, but alas it was too dark. Dress warmly and they do provide gear to keep you safe and warm as well. It runs between April-October and the three of us felt it was a cool experience not to be missed!Written 2 November 2023
- We really had a great time! Funny and informative ! You learn a lot about Cork !
We recommend 100% !!Written 6 November 2023
- We had a great time on the Cliffs of Moher tour from Dublin! Tour guide Richard O’Brien was funny and shared great info about his country. He took us to two castles too! We had a memorable day on this tour!Written 20 July 2023
This was our first trip to Ireland, so we had a long list of things to see and a complicated schedule. Robert McAuliffe of About Ireland Taxi Tours helped us design an itinerary which complied with the laws of physics and economics.
Conor Sheridan was our guide, who put our plans into execution, at the same time letting us deviate when it was necessary. Mr. Sheridan is a very intelligent man, equally comfortable discussing Irish history or the difference between an Irishman and a Scot. He started as our guide and after seven days on the road became our friend.
We found the Irish to be gentle, polite, with a great sense of humor. It is a pleasure to be among such civilized people. There are innumerable sights with historical, literary or other importance. The land is beautiful, but, as Mr. Sheridan put it, "people do not come to Ireland for the weather". I would add the quality of the Irish more than makes up for the rain.
We are very grateful to Messrs. McAuliffe and Sheridan for making possible our dream vacation to Ireland.
Margarita and Néstor Cruz
Falls Church, VirginiaWritten 3 November 2023