14 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- A hidden gem in Cork city, thanks so much to Agnes for the warm welcome. Hoping to make it back for one of the gigs!Written 21 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Arriving in Cobh on a cruise ship for a day, we looked at the local visitor center and then decided to take the train to Cork. A local girl recommended we just walk to the fort. Great advice. The fort was a great view, a nice half hour and then we wandered back trough town, The story of the fort through the centuries is interesting.Written 4 June 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is an interesting little museum that explains butter making and how Ireland became a major player in this market. If you have 45 minutes to an hour to spare it is worth a visit.Written 12 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Visited The barracks in October with my family , it was my first visit , truly remarkable, I learned so much about the Irish defense forces ,the Michael Collins room was very special,,Denis was an encyclopedia of information, we had a private tour and I would recommend it to anyone visiting Cork ,nice to seea local man from Ballyphehane as a curator of this amazing museum, go raibh maith agat , Colin Murphy (also a "haney" ..Written 13 November 2023
- This is a must if you love Irish history. A quick stop.
Area is well maintained and recently upgraded
Remember to take a moment there -
There is parking close by.Written 1 July 2023
- This was my first visit to any comedy club and it was amazing, Brian who runs the club is so welcoming and kind it immediately puts you at ease.
On the night there were a number of comedians performing and they were all great. I would highly recommend it to locals and visitors alike.
An amazing way to spend an evening.Written 7 September 2023
- I booked an area with Colm and he made everything so relaxed and easy. We went to Costigans after we got married with all our friends and family. The staff on the day were excellent, so friendly and helpful. The finger food was delicious. It was a great day. Thanks again.Written 1 November 2023
- So much fun at Céilí by the Lee. Teacher was excellent. He taught us 2 great dances, joking along the way. Everyone smiling, chatting, spinning & having the craic. Will definitely go again. ☘️Written 11 October 2023
- A great spin in the Only cable car in Ireland to Dursey, over the water. We had beautiful weather for walking on Dursey Island.
Very efficient. No waiting when we arrived at approx 10.30AM, but a few people were waiting at 1 PM.
Fantastic experience, fantastic views.Written 24 July 2023
- Food and wine was amazing and coupled with the tremendous staff I would highly recommend a visit to this special establishment.Written 26 October 2023
- We booked a private ride on this boat! Significantly more fun and speedy than the self drive. Had and absolute blast with our pilot Richard. Major highlight of the vacation!!! DONT HESITATE! DO THIS!!!Written 10 September 2023
- This was on my bucket list from years ago. I had read about this particular tour on Lough Hyne during the night so that you can see the bioluminescence, which is a unique experience on the only salt water lake of its kind in Europe and the first marine reserve since 1981. I highly recommend bringing your own black light flashlight so that you can see the glowing shrimp on the bottom (although our guide passed one around). A decent level of experience with kayaking will help, especially with the limited visibility. The guide has a lamp in which you follow. Putting your paddle in the water and drawing it forward brings a shimmer that I wish I could have captured with a photo, but alas it was too dark. Dress warmly and they do provide gear to keep you safe and warm as well. It runs between April-October and the three of us felt it was a cool experience not to be missed!Written 2 November 2023
- We really had a great time! Funny and informative ! You learn a lot about Cork !
We recommend 100% !!Written 6 November 2023
- I took my 2 boys aged 12 and 9 to Zipit. They both had the most amazing day. All the staff were so friendly and guided us around the course. My 12 year old was also able to do the blue course which he said was brilliant. They haven’t stopped speaking about about their experience!
We hired the head cameras which they wore and the staff downloaded all the footage and was sent to us. Such a brilliant idea as we can share it with others who did not come along.
I would highly recommend a day out to Zipit and we will definitely return.Written 10 August 2023