- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
18 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Beautiful green area in a really nice part of the city, close to Daly Bridge and UCC. We also had good weather, so we enjoyed a nice stroll, just when we were about to leave Cork.Written 10 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Gem of a place absolutely beautiful gardens with stunning flowers. Lovely way to spend a day perfect place for kids fairies everywhere,all different garden areas with ponds real fish,goats,birds, rabbits and even some dinosaurs. U can bring a picnic or just get a coffee. The owner was such a lovely man who told us it has taken him and his wife 14 years to make the gardens. Time very well spent should b extremely proud of themselves.we will Deffo be back 😎Written 25 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This was such a pleasant experience, with lovely walkways for humans and dogs, as well as great views Great to get out of the car and be amongst greenery, and beautiful trees, also to see these are named, as the walk then becomes 3 dimensional a pleasure, healthy and learning too. Beautifully maintained. a real joy. Very quiet, I was surprised not to see more people enjoying this treasure on their doorsteps! Thank you CorkWritten 12 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Its a beautiful walk in Cork just outside Fitzgerald Park. Only downside is that there are no public toilets nearby. But other than that it’s magnificent.Written 22 August 2021
- I have been shortchanged twice here and didn't bother making an issue as the place was busy. I wouldn't lower my standards. Also a colleague of mine paid for a monthly running pass for me which I never received. Nice trail but conveniently forgetting to hand out change?. People aren't fools. I wont support anymore.Written 9 November 2016
- The brothers and lay helpers are friendly, welcoming, and supportive. Stop for a chat with them after mass and find out what else they have going on during the week.Written 10 March 2020
- We'd seen a hilarious video on YouTube done by a guy who gave voices to the many birds that live here, so we had to find our way to the lake while walking around Cork during our visit. It was a pleasant visit as we made our way around the water's edge. We saw white and black swans, white and Canadian geese, ducks, cormorants, pigeons and a few species I didn't recognize. We didn't see the herons or some of the other birds, but a local said they'd recently had a large fish die-off in the lake and it was rebuilding the population. It was also the hottest, driest summer in 40 years, so that may have played a role, as well. There are plenty of benches to sit and watch the birds or enjoy a take-away lunch.Written 17 July 2018
- This was a surprise for my ten year old daughter as we had never been riding before, so the whole family took part. The lady and gentleman that was teaching us was so gentle, understanding, great at giving instruction and really made it magical . Great price and made memories that will last for ever.Written 22 May 2017
- This is a really nice bit of greenery in the city centre. It's a peculiar little spot with some nice seating and trees and I love the two entrances.
It can however, be a gathering area for some dodgy stuff like drinking and drugs so a bit of caution advised if you are sitting there for a bit.
Otherwise, have a seat!Written 8 January 2020
- Situated just across the road from the back exit of Tescos , these woods really are fantastic . There are a few different walking routes you can follow & each one is really enjoyable . We had s very pleasant stroll here last month . It’s a wonderfully peaceful oasis right in the heart of Douglas . Well worth a visit .Written 26 November 2018
- This is a lovely place for a walk through a Coillte owned forrest. The paths are well maintained so suitable to take a buggy (barring the odd tree root). The path travels next to a lovely stream for the most of the walk. If you continue along the path, it joins up to Kilmurry woods. The total walk would take around 1 hour.
There is also a monument in the woods to a local writer. Local history suggests there are mass rocks within the woods where mass would be said in secret.Written 31 May 2016
- Visited Cork Heritage Park on last day of very good holiday to Ireland. It was an okay place to sit and eat lunch, but otherwise very disappointing. The childrens play area was in serious need of updating, the animal area was like a building site with hardly any animals and the toilets were disgusting. We didn't even bother to visit the museum as at this point someone approached us and said we should have paid to enter the park (nobody was at the gate on entry) and we promptly left as we could not believe that they would have the audacity to charge for entry to a park with nothing special to offer. At least we now know why we were the only people there on a sunny Saturday afternoon.Written 20 August 2006
- Its definitely worth the climb up the hill when you see the views out over the coty. A definite must do on a sunny eveningWritten 31 August 2020
- Monkey maze is a great location for letting your kids let off steam and run loose whilst you relax with a coffee or tea from the small shop at the location plenty of seating and good Visabilty of your child .. Ultra safe venue for children with good professional supervision from the friendly staff there. Cannot recommend enough this facility just outside Cork cityWritten 12 February 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Cork
- These experiences are best for nature & parks in Cork:
- Private Wild Atlantic Day Tour from Cork
- Cork City Cycle Tour - Experience the beautiful and historic City by bike
- 6-Day Adventure Tour on Ireland's Wild Atlantic Way
- 8 Day Vagabond Wild Irish Rover Small Group Tour
- 7-Day Small-Group Tour of Ireland from Dublin with the Cliffs of Moher, Dingle Bay and the Burren
- These are the best places for couples seeking nature & parks in Cork:See more nature & parks for couples in Cork on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for groups seeking nature & parks in Cork:See more nature & parks for groups in Cork on Tripadvisor