Historic Sites • Points of Interest & Landmarks
18 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- If you don’t like heights then save yourself by not queuing to go up and kiss it. You have to lie on your back and bdangle over the edge I order to reach it. There are bars to stop you slipping through and people to help you but you’re up high and looking down!!
It’s a bit of fun if nothing else and as there were no more than 5 people in front of us we didn’t have long to wait. Getting up the narrow stone spiral staircase was the hardest part if you’re broad like my husband!!Written 2 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A truly stunning park ,,with a couple of good coffee shops ,and a brilliant museum ,well worth a visit ,,,,Written 14 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- - Good range of play equipment in park
- Fairy trail that was long enough for little legs to enjoy and complete
- Plenty of parking
- Loads of green space to run around
- Would have been nice to have a coffee shop/cart option- didn't see anything of the kind
Great park, will definitely returnWritten 26 March 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Its a beautiful walk in Cork just outside Fitzgerald Park. Only downside is that there are no public toilets nearby. But other than that it’s magnificent.Written 22 August 2021
- The brothers and lay helpers are friendly, welcoming, and supportive. Stop for a chat with them after mass and find out what else they have going on during the week.Written 10 March 2020
- Did the midleton mystery trail with family.took hr and half. 11 yr old daughter really enjoyed solving the clues. Great value at €12. Can take as long as you like doing it no pressure. Had enjoyable walk around midleton while doing it also. About 20 clues which could be varied up a notch as many related to years. Really good directions included so no need to be familiar with the area. Overall really enjoyed it and cracked the clue in the end. Something different for kids and elders. Would defo do in another town.Written 8 July 2023
- Monkey maze is a great location for letting your kids let off steam and run loose whilst you relax with a coffee or tea from the small shop at the location plenty of seating and good Visabilty of your child .. Ultra safe venue for children with good professional supervision from the friendly staff there. Cannot recommend enough this facility just outside Cork cityWritten 12 February 2019
- We'd seen a hilarious video on YouTube done by a guy who gave voices to the many birds that live here, so we had to find our way to the lake while walking around Cork during our visit. It was a pleasant visit as we made our way around the water's edge. We saw white and black swans, white and Canadian geese, ducks, cormorants, pigeons and a few species I didn't recognize. We didn't see the herons or some of the other birds, but a local said they'd recently had a large fish die-off in the lake and it was rebuilding the population. It was also the hottest, driest summer in 40 years, so that may have played a role, as well. There are plenty of benches to sit and watch the birds or enjoy a take-away lunch.Written 17 July 2018
- Its definitely worth the climb up the hill when you see the views out over the coty. A definite must do on a sunny eveningWritten 31 August 2020
- This is a lovely place for a walk through a Coillte owned forrest. The paths are well maintained so suitable to take a buggy (barring the odd tree root). The path travels next to a lovely stream for the most of the walk. If you continue along the path, it joins up to Kilmurry woods. The total walk would take around 1 hour.
There is also a monument in the woods to a local writer. Local history suggests there are mass rocks within the woods where mass would be said in secret.Written 31 May 2016
- Situated just across the road from the back exit of Tescos , these woods really are fantastic . There are a few different walking routes you can follow & each one is really enjoyable . We had s very pleasant stroll here last month . It’s a wonderfully peaceful oasis right in the heart of Douglas . Well worth a visit .Written 26 November 2018
- Terrible experience, money grabbed, use of foul language to the riders. Very unfriendly staff . Would never recommendWritten 20 April 2023
- This park is a fabulous recreational facility easily accessible by car from the South Link Road or by foot from Douglas.
It’s a wonderful place to walk in complete safety. There are football pitches, play areas, an outdoor gym and plenty of space to explore.
Perfect for couples and families alike. You can be as active or as chilled as suits your mood.
The view from the highest point is panoramic and is a very easy incline, suitable for all.Written 6 August 2020
- I have been shortchanged twice here and didn't bother making an issue as the place was busy. I wouldn't lower my standards. Also a colleague of mine paid for a monthly running pass for me which I never received. Nice trail but conveniently forgetting to hand out change?. People aren't fools. I wont support anymore.Written 9 November 2016
Frequently Asked Questions about Cork
- These are the best places for kid-friendly nature & parks in Cork:See more nature & parks for children in Cork on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for couples seeking nature & parks in Cork:See more nature & parks for couples in Cork on Tripadvisor