- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
19 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- The whole experience, from the moment walking in the door. The tank was amazing, but combined with the mediation room, a cup of chamomile tea and the chats with the crew, 10/10 - will be back.Written 5 August 2022
- I visited the spa recently and it was a great experience, the staff were all very friendly and helpful especially the receptionists. The spa was very clean and the over all treatment was fantastic. The float is my new favourite thing. I’ll definitely be back!!Written 6 August 2022
- Highly recommend full body massage with Rachel. Very relaxing and everything I would expect from a spa at a 4 star hotel including complimentary refreshments after. Bonus is the swimming pool with sauna and jacuzzi is just a short walk away within the hotel as part of the gym space.Written 23 July 2022
- We stayed two nights in Fota resort. We booked the Deluxe double room which was initially OK, there was dust and dirt on the lampshade and headboard and the double bed was two single mattresses pushed together which was uncomfortable. So the next morning we spoke to reception who apologised and arranged to change us to a deluxe room with a single king-size mattress. They offered to move our luggage for us while we were at the wildlife park that day also. A follow up call to the room when we were back to check if all was OK and this was a nice touch too. We ordered room service one evening and were told that the food we wanted was no longer on the menu and that the menu should have been updated which was disappointing. Breakfast was lovely and the Amber lounge restaurant food was delicious my husband had the ribeye and I had the tortellini. The atmosphere was lovely and relaxing and the hydrotherapy pool was amazing and adults only which was nice too. Overall small issues but such a nice hotel with friendly, helpful staff that we were happy with our stay.Written 28 October 2019
- My family stayed at this hotel at the end of a recent short-notice trip the other excellent hotel we were staying at previously was fully booked for the last night. This was over twice the cost of the other nearby hotel and although nicely decorated and plush, the 'family' room consisted of a king size bed and a sofabed. My daughters shared the sofabed which was extremely uncomfortable. I'm not sure if there were perhaps better family rooms that just weren't available. We didn't get to try out the leisure centre, although I'm sure it is lovely. The food was good although given the price, it would have to be!Written 7 December 2016
- My partner and I have visited the spa at The Kingsley twice now and really love it here. On both occasions we visited beteeen Christmas and New Year time just as a little relaxing day in between. The spa is really nice and when we visited recently they had opened up a new outdoor pool overlooking the river which was really nice. It’s teally nice and hot so nice just to sit in on a cold winters day looking out over the river. On both occasions we visited I booked in on the scent to make you feel good package at €100 which included 2 30 treatments a light lunch and use of the facilities and my partner usually goes for the scent to make you feel good package at €70 which includes 1 treatment, lunch and use of the facilities. Both are excellent value for money. It’s a great spa at at great price meaning we can enjoy it after an expense Xmas. My husband and I will continue to visit this place every time we are back in Cork for Xmas.Written 18 June 2018
- Insightful and Comprehensive Fitness Assessment by Adrian including Body Composition Printout with a Tanita macineOn the day we were signed up by Bruce, he recommended getting a fitness assessment. Two days later, I was having a body composition scan with a state of the art Tanita machine at the beginning of an insightful and comprehensive fitness assessment by the enthusiastic and knowledgeable personal trainer - Adrian.
Having had many fitness assessments in other gyms, I could tell Adrian knew his stuff, and I learnt some really good theory about how roller stretching works....and a new technique with a medicine ball which has proven to be really effective.
Im very pleased so far with this reasonably priced gym in the heart of Cork!Written 20 May 2016
- With a wide range of classes in classical Ashtanga yoga, plus Kundalin Yoga, Yin Yoga, and specialist workshops and classes, plus visiting teachers from time to time, this truly is a gem.
The photos shown are all of the old premises, not of the wonderful new studio they're in, in Penrose Wharf.
Teachers are approachable and professional, and the classes change their focus and approach throughout the year, assuring that you not only don't get bored, but get stretched as well :)
I would highly recommend Himalaya Yoga Valley. My own downside would be the removal of the 20 class pass they used to do, but that's a commercial decision on their part, and in no way impacts the quality of the yoga teaching.Written 8 February 2019
- What a wonderful experience, I had my first full body massage today and it was amazing, Edilma is very professional and kind! I highly recommended her!! I’ll be a permanent customer from now on and I’ll recommend her to my friends and family :)Written 21 July 2022
- I visited Boutique Spa in Hayfield Manor twice now and both times I was extremely happy with everything. The therapist, Rachel, addressed concerns I had in relation to my skin and recommended a treatment that left my skin feeling fresh, plumped and tightened up. The whole experience including a head and arm massage was so relaxing. What I really like about this Spa in particular is that they use a range of Elemis products which I find very good and the effects last for a long time. I felt 10 years younger! The hotel itself is stunning and located on the beautiful grounds with a lot of greenery, which creates a nice setting from the moment you step in, followed by a very relaxing atmosphere and beautiful smell in the spa itself. I wholeheartedly recommend this spa and therapist Rachel. Thank you so much for a great experience and taking care of my skin!Written 9 September 2020
- The stylists here glammed up me and my wedding party -- we enjoyed our time with the stylists and looked fabulous for the event. Thanks, L&A!Written 14 November 2018
- Lovely salon in the heart of Cork. Staff very quick and efficient, so perfect if you need to get something done on your lunch break.Written 21 August 2014
- My partner brought me there for my birthday in october. We got the special offer, one night b&B, dinner and Spa treament. I'm really into Ayurveda, and its the only place in Ireland that you can get Ayurvedic treatments. We got a very friendly welcome and the relaxation room is lovely, very comfy day beds, with a blankets and earphones to block out any noise, perfect for meditation. I got an ayurvedic facial, the best facial I ever had. So relaxed and destressed after. My partner got a massage and he said it was fab. After we stayed for a while in the relaxation room ,as the staff brought us herbal tea. I have been to other spas since, but none of them were as good as the Yauvana spa, can't wait to go back!Written 9 April 2008
- Weekend of October 4th Booked a deep tissue massage for myself and a friend. One of the best massage I've had, it would have been nice to be informed about the renovations taking place while booking these treatments. Not the relaxing half hour I would expect in a spa with slamming doors and noise of kids outside. Staff friendly but inform your customers guys!!Written 7 October 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Cork