- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
76 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
Showing results 1-30 of 76
What travellers are saying
- The best pint of Murphy's on my trip, really nice old pub and the barman was heavy sound and joined us a for a pint once his shift finished.Written 11 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- really fun night out, no matter if you have irish dance experience or not! They will talk you though the steps, and even if you dont get it, all the others will just drag you along, no problem. You can have a drink in between the breaks and after the dancing you could grab a bite to eat in the nearby pubWritten 12 August 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- friendly staff,great atmosphere, great drinks,this place is steeped on history and is truly awsome...well worth a visit!
the original " snugs" are still there and so much do take in on the walls there.great drinks,also outside seats for smokers and a must visit pup!Written 19 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Went here on a Sunday and a group was playing irish music. Good selection of beer and volume is so that is possible to speak.Written 6 June 2022
- Effortlessly cool & atmospheric.
Attentive staff & excellent Irish Stout.
Music - great play list at just the right volume.
Love it.Written 22 May 2022
- Visited here recently with family, we were totally blow away with this pub, it's over 100 years old, and has all the charm of that Era, it was like going back in time.
We all enjoyed the delicious Beamish, we had to considering, it used to be brewed a cross the street.
It's got a great selection of drinks, local craft beer on tap, huge selection of spirits.
If you want something different to the usual big pubs in the city Try it out.
It's an old world pub steeped in local history, with lovely friendly staff, each of the staff were genuine nice people, eager to look after customers.
Looking forward to going back for delicious Beamish by a cosy fire.
Well done to all involved.Written 28 September 2021
- Stopped in on a Sunday night and absolutely loved this pub. Was very quiet until the live music began, then wonderful. The musicians sat at a table and encouraged everyone to chime in, and by the end of the night everyone was singing and dancing in one big group. Felt welcoming and extremely fun, like going out with people you’ve known forever, even family. Highly recommend!Written 4 March 2019
- Gret pub style bar, live music, authentic atmosphere. Authentic also mean a bit sticky tables from gallons of ciders and beer split, but that was something to expect. Really nice atmosphere. We travelled whole Ireland to get "finally" one bar/pub which is not a tourist trap. I hope so.Written 3 July 2022
- Imagine walking into a Neighbors front room , equipped with a bar & that’s where you have found yourself with the Hi Bi . It’s a Cosy bar with a great atmosphere on Oliver Plunkett street . It was particularly busy the night we visited , but a great buzz was palpable . Well worth a visit .Written 23 December 2018
- We came here with the family, 7 of us all together. We had to pre-book for dinner and entertainment. The food was great with all the Irish favourites on the menu. The entertainment consisted of musicians playing some great traditional Irish music who were happy to take the odd request. During the set some young Irish dancers came out to do their stuff. While not Riverdance quality they were clearly enjoying themselves and their joy was infectious. My only criticism was the stairs to the 1st floor were difficult for one of our party who had mobility issues. Other than that a very enjoyable night, great atmosphere and a terrific point to kick off from if you want to hit the town afterwards.Written 22 June 2022
- A surprisingly spacious wine bar in a Georgian building with two floors.
Nice atmospheric lighting.
Worth a visit.
Friendly service.Written 18 January 2022
- Absolutely outstanding service, lovely drinks and friendly staff. However we were drinking outside during a bit of a drizzle and we couldn’t help notice the constant splashing due to the absence of a drainpipe. I hope this can be resolved promptly as I really do love this spot.Written 27 February 2022
- Becuase of many people inside the service is a bit chaotic. On the other hand, it is pleasant and you can get everything what you need (finally).Written 15 January 2019
- Lovely place to pop in for a few pints and a bit of fun. Warm welcome from the staff too, would definitely recommend to anyone passing in Ballincollig.Written 16 May 2022
- Located on the docks in what is becoming a major spot in city with Goldbergs and The Sextant either side of it.
Of the three very much a locals bar but friendly nonetheless.
They like their sport especially the horse but since it is owner occupied it has its own quirks - they go big for Eurovision and love the magazine rack full of glossy travel mags.
My mum & grandparents came from the nearby 'Jewtown' so love coming back here when in town.
As you can see from pics a working pirt just outside.Written 24 June 2018
Frequently Asked Questions about Cork