Popular things to do
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- Derry, or Londonderry, in Northern Ireland is a walled city. The fortification runs around the city centre. It is free to walk the wall. From the wall you get excellent views of the rest of Derry, which is lower down, in particular Bogside area.
If you come to Derry then a walk around the walls is a must do.Written 22 September 2023
- The Museum of Free Derry is in Bogside in the city of Derry Northern Ireland. The politics of Ireland, and in particular Northern Ireland, are very complex. The museum will give you an insight into the politics and major events in Derry over the past 100 years or so. It is from the Republican point of view, but you will get a good understanding of events in ‘The Troubles’. It costs 10 pounds to enter and is well worth the visit.Written 22 September 2023
- Today we visited the beautiful Guildhall.
What a stunning building, such glorious windows, such vibrant colours.
There is a lot to see in the hall and there are good toilets facilities to use .
Very important when you are travelling and new to the area .
Great building, lovely architecture.Written 20 September 2023
- Derry girls exhibit was terrific
Derry history eye opening and so sad
The high price paid to keep democracy
Spanish Armada story fascinating and a tribute to the diving clubsWritten 17 September 2023
- The Peace Bridge is a foot bridge in Derry, Northern Ireland. It was built across the River Foyle in 2011. The 235 metre long bridge is meant to bridge the gap between the Loyalists and Nationalists in Derry. The bridge is well worth a visit when in Derry.Written 22 September 2023
- I have done this tour on a number of occasions - Seamus is an excellent guide and always has something new to show us
We can learn a lot from how we treat our dead.
His team are experts in this cemetery and it’s a tour that always leaves me reflective and contemplative
It’s not to be missed by anyone with an interest in local and world history
This was my 4th or 5th visit and I still leave with so much knowledgeWritten 26 September 2023
- There is a wealth of information for not just Derry - Londonderry but the surrounding areas of the Northwest of Northern Ireland.Written 18 August 2023
- Bogside, in Derry, was the setting for many political confrontations during the Irish ‘ Troubles’. Depicting key moments and making political statements, these murals are a very moving experience. They are free to wander around and they are like nothing I have seen anywhere else. Give yourself a good hour for the murals, then perhaps enter the museum. An incredible experience.Written 22 September 2023
- Do not miss the Roast Sunday!! This course is really tasty and well-cooked (I recommend to choose chicken)!Written 7 August 2023
- St Columb’s Cathedral is in Derry, Northern Ireland. It is a very majestic cathedral that has served a city torn apart by politics. The cathedral is very close to the walled fortification of Derry and you will pass it if you are walking around the wall.
Well worth a visit.Written 22 September 2023
- As you are experiencing the immersion into the "Troubles" with the murals from the side of the IRA, in the Derry, bogside, this monument stands as testament of a wrong brought to bear with no cause and no acountability resulting in a 30-year occupation by British forces. A terrible tragedy.Written 18 August 2023
- This is the beginning of the area of continuing dispute, just not violent right now. The New IRA is active and protestants still feel uncomfortable in this area.Written 18 August 2023
- Now it's been 25 years from l last saw the production of Buddy the musical.. open-minded l graciously accepted the gift of these tickets thinking it just couldn't be as good as the London production. My husband came with me .. he had never been to a show before and was quietly protesting that he wouldn't like it. Well we were both totally blown away .. fabulous venue, outstanding performance from out of this world musicians. Congratulations to the forum and the wonderful cast of Buddy .. the show was mind blowing... Loved every second.Written 13 August 2023
- Beautiful cathedral in Bogside on raised ground. Very welcoming. Well kept gardens. Pity we weren't there on a Sunday xWritten 5 August 2023
- What an awesome, lovely quaint Anglican church! The site of the St Colmcille Abbey, approx. 546AD (Colmcille became Columba). It is an understated warm welcoming church. This belies the truly troubled past it has endured.Written 18 August 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Derry
- The best day trips from Derry according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Private Guided Tour of Causeway Coastal Route
- DAY TOUR: Highlights of Derry and Donegal
- Derry Londonderry Private Luxury Chauffeur Tour From Belfast
- Game of Thrones - Iron Islands & Giant's Causeway from Derry
- Giant's Causeway & Game of Thrones (luxury Private Tour)
Derry Attractions Information