Points of Interest & Landmarks • Castles
Top Attractions in Anglesey
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Positioned as the castle never built, the story behind this is quite interesting. It's more built than not without being a ruin with a half moat and very photogenic. Dogs are allowed on the ground levels only with higher levels accessible via steep winding staircases, which feel quite treacherous at times. There's a sweet little Chapel with stained glass windows, although we doubt they're original. The whole castle looks pretty much the same throughout but worth a visit if you have a few hours to spare whilst in the area.Written 25 November 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Fabulous views from the cliff tops, saw interesting birds and had a tasty lunch in the great cafe also there’s a RSPB shopWritten 20 November 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The gaol is an amazing slice of history detailing how the ages old gaol worked and is full of information of those souls who ended up here. A great place to visit and so very interesting.Written 22 November 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- These are beautiful gardens, perfect for relaxation and wandering. I visited at the beginning of autumn and thoroughly enjoyed the lush greenery and bloom. My visit was a magical experience, and I only wish I had had more time to explore other sections of the gardens. The park's tearoom provides excellent refreshments for a break during your stay.Written 13 November 2022
- We visited on a Sunday in mid October and it was still fairly busy. The cafe is excellent, had limited but good food and very friendly helpful staff both in the small visitor centre and the Cafe.
The view down to South Stack Lighthouse is breathtaking and there are great views all around. Not much bird life when we visited but we did see a couple of choughs and some small birds. The heaths are lovely places to walk around and with care there are some great walks to be had with amazing views.
Well Worth A VisitWritten 26 October 2022
- Lovely farm park. So much to do, excellent value for money. The staff were so friendly and knowledgeable. The animals looked very well treated. We had a brilliant day out, one of the best farm parks we’ve been too.Written 27 October 2022
- This was the second visit to a National Trust property by six middle-aged long-time friends in a few days, and much like the other, which was Penrhyn Castle, we had the most excellent day out. As soon as we turned the corner at the end of the avenue of magnificent trees, we were in awe at how beautiful the house and the location were. We were too early to get into the house when we arrived, so we took a wander along the river to the right of the house and then up into the woods, which was just a lovely way to start our exploration of this property. We spent a good amount of time exploring the treasures held within the house and then walked to the riverside where we ate the packed lunch we had brought with us. It was truly a meal with a magnificent view. We rounded off the trip with a walk around the gardens which finished our visit off rather nicely. I would definitely recommend this property for a visit if you were in the area.Written 31 October 2022
- Beautiful area and well worth taking the camera, managed to get some great photos. Lots of of parking spaces and there is a place to get a drink and bite to eat.Written 22 September 2022
- Really beautiful beach, the water was shallow and crystal clear, the beach was a sandy with lots of shells and beautiful little pebbles and there is lovely woodland behind the beach.Written 4 September 2022
- This is a huge and beautifully maintained collection of vehicles, engines, and other transport related memorabilia. It is very well presented, shiny and has a nice cafe and friendly staff. We had a good chat with the friendly and knowledgable museum gentlemen. Thank you for a really interesting and enjoyable afternoon.Written 15 September 2022
- The sea zoo is not massive so you can zoom around it in 20 min if you choose to. We took our time looking at all the animals and talking about them to our children and it was lovely. It was interesting to see the creatures found off our own shores as it is often only exotics in aquariums. We attended a talk about sea mammals which was interesting but did go a little over the head of our children. The children enjoyed the part of the talk helping identify different species of dolphins and whales. They also had a lot of fun on the bouncy castle and little playground outside afterwards. This is one of those places where you get more value if you choose to put some effort in yourself. It is not as fancy as the sea life centres, but it feels like you get to see a part of Wales you would not otherwise see unless you happen to be a diver. The scientist who gave the talk is obviously passionate about the wellbeing of the sea and its inhabitants and she is enthusiastic about educating people. It’s also a nice bonus that the tickets are valid all week.Written 29 August 2022
- The trip wasn’t bad in terms of comfort. However it makes absolutely no sense to me to only sell refreshments for an hour of the 8 hour trip.Written 1 October 2022
- We returned this week, having not been for 3 years. The cafe is absolutely magical! We had gorgeous vegan caramel brownies and lattes. The lady was so friendly and the atmosphere was delightful.Written 15 September 2022
- Well worth the charge of £3.50 to drive your car up to the Bay as it’s quite a long uphill walk.
Beautiful views of the lighthouse, Puffin Island & if your lucky you might see a seal or 2
Cafe on site but didn’t use itWritten 13 October 2022
- Lovely pub, lovely staff and good food for a pub. A few less options on the menu with chips would be nice and I never seem to go in when there’s just a straightforward pie on the menu - didn’t fancy Mexican beef. Lasagne or noodle dish would be nice. Great pub and dog friendlyWritten 29 October 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Anglesey
- The best day trips from Anglesey according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- HOLYHEAD SHORE EXCURSION: North Wales Adventure - Sightseeing Day Trip Tour
- Celts & Castles - A journey through history in Snowdonia and Anglesey
- Taste of North Wales - 8 Hour Private Tour from Bangor
- Full-Day Private Group tour of North Wales with Food Tasting
- This is Wales - a living landscape and cultural experience