- Traveller favouritesTours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked according to revenue made by Tripadvisor on those bookings, plus the number of page views by Tripadvisor users, and the quantity and quality of reviews
14 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Odd place this. Impressive semaphore signalling system with three working boxes and telegraph pole route, but not much character at all to the visitor facilities which consist of many Portacabins.
There’s not a lot to see. You cannot see around the yard for example and buffet is ok but hemmed in by coaches. Lots of scrap metal and containers etc. Could do with a proper station and museum.
The fields are currently unspoilt so it’s a nice ride but going backwards and forwards twice in each direction is a bit bizarre and somewhat boring.
Carriages were some rather tatty mk2s in primer.
Why did they need a team of bouncers? There wasn’t that many people and they didn’t seem to be doing anything anyway. Other staff were grumbling about “new management” and grudgingly handing round survey forms.
It will be good when the southern extension opens as it will be going somewhere, which is not before time.Written 28 August 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We took 3 kids here (ages 12,9 and 9) and they all absolutely loved it. All the instructors were fantastic, making it a fun and safe experience. A special thank you to Craig who quickly identified that my daughter was a little bit nervous and he went out of his way to make sure she was happy. All the children had a great time and in their words it was ‘absolutely awesome!’ Would recommend.Written 17 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The weather was finally settled enough for my husband and I to do our long awaited sunrise balloon flight; we’d been trying for over 3 years and had numerous cancellations. We weren’t disappointed, it was well worth the wait, we thoroughly enjoyed every minute of the experience including helping with inflating the balloon, packing it away, and being rewarded with Prosecco. Huge thanks to our wonderful pilot, Pete, and his team for making this a truly memorable morning.Written 17 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Just back from our 2nd Segway experience, this one was led by Anne and Les and was utterly amazing. So friendly and helpful, really knowledgable and patient with all members. There were the 5 of us in our group and Anne took time to make sure each of us was happy and comfortable. What we really liked was after the training we could explore the farm and tracks on our own, made it a unique family day out full of fun and laughter. Highly, highly recommended!!!Written 26 August 2019
- My son had a fabulous week attending adventure Ways - the staff were brilliant and the kids had lots of opportunities to try different activities. Highly recommendedWritten 4 September 2020
- Something I'd been wanting to do for a while and definitely wasn't disappointed. Apart from being great fun it's also a good learning event and as an Audi driver also how to understand your car and in particular the Quattro system much better.
The day starts with breakfast followed by a briefing. The morning is then broken up into 3 parts- slalom driving in the RS3, cornering and how to take them in the RS6 followed by high speed collision avoidance and braking in the R8 V10 Plus. This is all followed by lunch and the afternoon is then about racing the circuit in the RS3, collision avoidance in the wet in the RS6 and concluded by racing the circuit in the R8 V10 Plus. This last event I could have carried on for much longer it was so much fun. On the serious side it is also extremely physically tiring given the concentration involved.
Before we left we were all given hot laps in the R8 by the driving instructors - mental!!Written 12 October 2017
- This place just opened near us and offers a genuine Formula One Pitstop experience. Having done this with a group of 6 friends, I really wanted to tell the world about Project Pitlane!
Experience is first class, you are working on a genuine F1 car and they make you feel the pressure of a pitstop. Instructors are top notch and the big timer clock is on the wall - there is nowhere to hide!
Would really recommend this for anyone looking for something new to do as a group - sorts the men from the boys!Written 20 August 2019
- I took my husbands oxygen tank here for a service when the Milton Keynes shop we used to use closed down. I rang in advance to make sure they could do the service we wanted, the photo manner of the chap I spoke to was very good, he was very Helpful and informative.
I travelled over and dropped the tank, the staff were helpful and came out to my car to help me unload the tank.
All servicing was carried out to the standard expected and it was done in a timely manner. Great service and helpful staff mean that we will use them again.Written 3 June 2015
- Friendly staff. Clean showers and toilets. Very good entertainment. Plenty of good places to eat . Wonderful walks. Close to riverside retail park. Everything you could want .Written 10 September 2020
Frequently Asked Questions about Northampton
- These are the best places for budget-friendly tours in Northampton:See more budget-friendly tours in Northampton on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for adventurous tours in Northampton:See more adventurous tours in Northampton on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for adrenaline seekers looking for tours in Northampton:See more tours for adrenaline seekers in Northampton on Tripadvisor