- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
15 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Best waiter, Lorenzo gave great service definitely be back soon, very speedy and friendly, helped me and friends with it allWritten 6 August 2022
- We had a great time here. We did the bowling first - the setting was good and everything was in good condition. The only thing that could have been better was the lighting around the pins since it was pretty dim and for one of the members playing, this made bowling fairly tough. We had drinks while playing too - the service was very slow to actually place an order but when we did, the drinks were nice. The drinks selection wasn’t massive but they did offer Guava Juice which was impressive considering the juice flavour tends to be very rare! We then had a bite to eat later on which was not too slow to come and the place accommodated for dietary requirements and the food was really decent. We would definitely come back. The only other thing that we would like to see is the staff to become friendlier. There was a nice man at the front and a waitress who were perfectly pleasant but there were some quite rude ones too.Written 8 September 2021
- Came here recently with friends for a bowling session. It's well located and also has karaoke booths, so a nice evening overall. But the venue could really do with updating, as it's not the best atmosphere.Written 19 April 2022
- We pre booked a lane & table at the Holborn All Star Lanes and arrived early. We were told we could jump on a lane early and were given a fob to start a tab for the bar.
We headed to our lane and waited for someone to take our order and had taken a few shots before we decided to head to the bar. Two girls were stood chatting and reluctantly took our orders and explained it was table service but our game would have been over before we had even had a sip.
Drinks were brought just before we finished our game so I went and asked if we could have another game so we could finish our drinks. I'm not saying the staff were rude but they didn't really go out of their way and weren't what I would call courteous. Considering it was early evening on a Wednesday and not busy at all I was surprised just how disinterested the staff were and we decided that we would eat somewhere else after finishing our second game.
The decor is pretty good and will try one of the other venues but wouldn't return to this one.Written 26 June 2019
- A really fun way to spend an afternoon or early evening with some mates or colleagues. Pretty sure my game improved in proportion to the amount of champagne I consumed. I would definitely recommend a few games and a bottle (or two)!Written 16 February 2020
- Lewisham Lanes is a great place to go bowling! Friendly, helpful and knowledgeable staff and receptive to our special needs. A huge thank you to Joshua, and to Kira, for all your help, very much appreciated:)Written 22 April 2022
- All we can say was from beginning to end the service was fast and outstanding food. We all have a wonderful time both bowling to the food. Great price. I would love to give our shout out for the best service by Monika and another lady I forgot.
Thanks again and we will be back soon.Written 6 December 2018
- Food was great and both my friend and I were impressed with the attentiveness of the waiting staff. Said staff ran out to return one of my friend's belongings!
Especially recommended the tater tots!Written 22 February 2020
- Went here today with my friend and we really enjoyed ourselves. The staff were nice - in particular the woman who served us our food was absolutely lovely. The food was decent considering it was really cheap (£4.20 for chicken nuggets & chips plus a can; and £2.80 for a decent-sized portion of chips). We played pool which was fun but apparently there’s a £5 deposit to borrow the cues but I didn’t have any cash so they let us not bother with the deposit. Bowling was reasonably priced and my student discount helped. Toilets weren’t exactly great – lock on the cubical was broken, one soap dispenser empty and the other fallen off the wall – but they did the job. Overall though it was a really pleasant experience and if I’m in the area again then I’ll most likely come back.Written 31 August 2018
- It is clean, not too noisy and great fun! Even better, there are table tennis tables next to the bowling for when you are finished - even more fun!Written 9 April 2019
- The bowling itself was fine with no issues. However..... the noise levels as you walk in and in the amusement area are overbearing. Even my 9 year old found it uncomfortable. Also, the players in our lane before us had not finished their game, with just a couple of rounds left. We arrived at the lane being told it was ready (and it was) however the other players were still there and had asked reception if they could finish their game and were told they couldn't. Two of their players clearly had learning difficulties and we were left having a very awkward conversation lane side with no staff support or interaction. If we were asked by reception, we would have been very happy to have let them finish. The time to finish games is very tight - we finished with only five minutes left and understandably the players before us just needed a few extra minutes. We felt really sorry for them and they left disappointed that they hadn't been able to finish and were refused at least a partial refund. It just didn't feel very inclusive or flexible and mildly spoilt an otherwise good experience..Written 3 May 2022
- This was really underwhelming. Not enough staff, long waits for everything from checking in to drinks at the bar.
The bowling areas and sofas were ripped, in poor condition and sticky like they hadn’t been cleaned in-between so I had to clean it all myself.
The area is poorly lit. There were nowhere near enough bowling balls, especially if you need a certain size and weight.
The arcade area we only got to play 1 game and then needed change but NONE of them were working. Nobody around to tell. It was just a really poor, miserable experience and it wasn’t cheap.Written 4 January 2022
- Good place for a short time meetings. Not clean as I expected The pins stuck few times we have to ask for assistanceWritten 9 October 2019
- The bowling was fun but the rest was disappointing. The food wasn’t nice. The chips were hard and not hot. A lettuce leaf had been split between me and my partners burger. The burger was dry. My niece ordered chicken nuggets (you get 4) one of them was only a quarter of the size. We asked for a replacement and was told it would be half an hour…. We never got them. The cutlery was filthy. The whole place is dirty. I never saw anyone cleaning anything. The toilets were disgusting. People were gagging because of the smell. They don’t look like they had been cleaned for hours and on my last visit there was no toilet paper.
The staff were trying but they seemed overwhelmed.
Someone needs to be cleaning throughout the day.Written 27 February 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about London
- These are the best places for kid-friendly bowling alleys in London:See more bowling alleys for children in London on Tripadvisor