- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
52 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
Showing results 1-30 of 52
What travellers are saying
- Beautiful beach. While visiting cabo we took a taxi from Riu resort paid $40 each way. Worth the money, the beach has no vendors, bathroom, showers, and a nice walk way to the beach. The waves were pretty strong, but we still manage to get in the water and swim a bit. There is a small booth when you arrive with a young man renting umbrellas. There were lots of families around, but the beach didn't feel busy and cluttered.Written 19 July 2022
- Nice beach, but our hotel was about 10 minutes walk, no bad.
Water was warm but little green due to many boats, and small size 🛥 in the area.Written 9 August 2022
- excellent place to have fun!! a lot of places to shop eat and have a great drink, at njght has a spectacular view!!!Written 21 June 2022
- Loved this beach and such fun to ride over in the small taxi boat:) We liked the lovers beach side that is calm and the rougher divorce beach on the other side.Written 9 June 2022
- We did the morning hike with Enrique. We parked at the parking lot outside the naval base and walked to the dog kennel area. We saw lots of people walking that way and knew we were in the right place. It is hard to find so we looked for this the afternoon before. You can type in Mt Solmar on Google maps and it will have a green pin that says The Hike and that is where you meet Enrique. He started letting people in around 8:15 and started sharing some of the history of the area while the last few people joined. There had to be close to 100 people on the hike with us, which started at 8:30am and we were joined by a large number of well behaved dogs. The hike starts easy and then heads very steep with the need to climb over boulders, and the top being very craggy. We had one stop right before the steep part of the climb where Enrique shared more information about the energy of the location. This is not a formal hike, Enrique will not wait for all of the people to get to his location at the one rest stop to share information as there are just too many people, so I recommend being near the front half of the hike if you want to hear this. Enrique moves very quickly! For the most part, people did a good job on the hike moving out of the way if they were slowing the group down. There were many people out of breath even though at the steepest sections it was slow going single file. I had to hold my kids back many times because the line was so slow as people were trying to get traction on the rocks. It’s confusing at the top as there is no flat surface to stand on and people get held up near the Mexican flag pole. Just go around them as safely and carefully as possible as there are incredible views on all sides that you will want to see and take pictures of. Enrique wouldn’t allow small children on the hike and as we got to the top I totally understood why. It is definitely not safe for small children. My kids are 11 and 13 and they were fine. I’m not sure what the minimum age is, but I saw him turn away a 5 year old so the family had to split up and the mom stayed back with the child. Helps to plan ahead! Also, when Enrique is ready to head down, unless you are right near him, you will not know. He hikes FAST downhill and the terrain is so craggy at the top with huge boulders that you won’t see him leave. Be careful with your footing on the way down as we saw some people fall down on the loose terrain.
We are so grateful Enrique shares this land and experience with people. It was truly beautiful. We wanted to do it several times but couldn’t fit it into our schedule. Don’t forget to leave a tip!Written 30 April 2022
- This was by far our favorite beach between Santa Maria and Chileno (we still enjoyed Chileno and it's worth visiting). The beach was not crowded (weekday) and was very clean with gentlemen collecting garbage out of the sand throughout the day with their homemade sand scoopers.
The sand was coarse so I do suggest wearing water shoes to walk around the beach or in the water. Also we ended up setting up shop all the way to the right side of the beach where the snorkeling is best. It's a bit of a hike in the sand with all your gear but if you plan on doing lots of Snorkeling i do recommend heading to the far right.
The snorkeling was great, we got to see a great variety of fish, large schools of fish....starfish, loads of sea urchins (large spine and short spined), puffer fish, yellow tailed tangs, parrot fish, angel fish, and several other types.
You can also rent chairs, umbrella and boogie boards, but they won't set it up of bring it for you if you choose to go far away from their post. We did lug all our items to the far right side and came back for the rented items.
Bathrooms were not super clean and didn't have toilet paper so I suggest you bring some and don't forget your shoes for the boardwalk.
There is no food there so bring lots of water, snacks and lunch in a cooler bag.
We had our 2.5 year old toddler with us, and she loved going to that beach. The water also seemed warmer than Chileno beach. The waves were less aggressive and she enjoyed playing in the surf a lot more. We brought buckets and shovels and a light coloured umbrella for entertainment.
I do suggest hat and rashguard (uv shirt) as some of us got bad sunburns from snorkeling. We brought our masks and snorkels (no fines as we forgot them) and it was great.Written 19 June 2022
- We tried hiking to the beach from the Pacific side. If you are staying in one of the Solmar resorts or close on the pacific side, you can hike there.Written 28 July 2022
- We attended Noon Mass the Sunday before Christmas, small beautiful historic church, mostly tourists attended with some of the mass translated in English! We walked from the Marina, about 1 mile, glad we went! Peace be with You Always! 🙏🏻Written 14 January 2022
- This mall was a good place to get in out of the sun and the heat. It has a pleasant atmosphere and stores with, at the vary least, items you might have run out of or forgotten at home. Spent a nice hour or so taking advantage of the air conditioning and the Wi-Fi, while enjoying a refreshing beverage. It is certainly worth a stop if you find yourself at the marina.Written 28 December 2021
- it is beautiful it is hidden but it is something you should you an effort not to miss while going to cabo, please ask your concierge about the location beacuase it is a little bit hiddenWritten 5 June 2019
- Love the Embarcadero where the old tuna cannery is.
Vibe: The best sandy beach just to chill at
Access: Usually have to park in 20 peso or more lot near marina and walk. Often cones up for foot traffic only
Would I go again: Yes
You can snorkel a shipwreck here. Great place for first time swimmers in the sea of Cortez. It is tucked away, and prone to jellyfish. Do not advise going near the rope or beyond it due to boat traffic.Written 23 November 2021
- Like any other flea market, many souvenirs up for sale and majority are more than willing to bargain for a better price on goods. Disclaimer…majority merchants are pleasant and take a simple “no thank you” the first time. Some maybe a little aggressive and you can simply keep it moving!Written 30 September 2021
- Bought beautiful dog collars for my baby Great Danes. Great store! Great selection! Love shopping here!Written 8 August 2022
- We absolutely love Carlos! We have bought two paintings and I'm already thinking about what I want for the third. Carlos is so friendly and quick to bring cold water on a hot Cabo day. I was torn on what turtle painting I wanted and Carlos brought in several for me to choose from. I just recently acquired a burro painting that makes me so happy to look at! If I could give 10 stars I would!Written 27 July 2022
- Definitely a hidden gem of cabo!!! We ended up going here every night! Casual/laid back vibe. $4 margaritas. Outside bar. All you need is one drink and they'll have you saying uno mas!Written 15 June 2022