Popular things to do
- 4WD Tours
- Ports of Call Tours
- Half-day Tours
- Private Sightseeing Tours
- Nature and Wildlife Tours
- Beach & Pool Clubs
- Scuba Diving
- City Tours
- Nature & Wildlife Areas
- Cooking Classes
- Glass Bottom Boat Tours
- Points of Interest & Landmarks
- Archaeology Tours
- Sacred & Religious Sites
- Historical Tours
- Sporting Events
- Airport & Hotel Transfers
- Likely to Sell Out
- Top Picks
- Luxury & Special Occasions
- Weddings & Honeymoons
- Special Offers
- Multi-day & Extended Tours
- Holiday & Seasonal Tours
- Shopping Tours
- Yoga Classes
Top Attractions in Cozumel
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Just wow! The Spa Suites are everything and more at Mr. Sanchos. We have visited the resort on several occasions as an excursion off a cruise boat and enjoyed each time. So to celebrate my wife's birthday this year and for a time of refreshing, we decided to do a a suite. It was a GREAT decision!!!
Service - we were treated like royalty from the time we stepped onto the resort grounds to leaving on a taxi. The whole staff, from Mr. and Mrs. Ortega,to their daughter, Rosy, to the wait staff...it was AWESOME!! if there were issues...handled within moments. These guys will absolutely take care of you, no questions asked...Salvador, Eduardo, Audon, Teo, Eddie, Tomas, and Christian. The ladies are just as efficient..massages and taking care of the room. Lupita and Burtha were great with massages in the room.
Food - We still have NOT had anything bad at the resort. The all-incusive menu for the day is excellent. Shrimp...fajitas...tacos...salsa...guacamole...everything is delicioso. With the suite, we enjoyed breakfast and dinner on the beach every single day. It was wonderful...for breakfast we had omelets, fresh strawberries and bananas...pancakes...and a local favorite: Chilaquiles. For dinners, every appetizer, soup, risotto, and entree was excellent. Fish tacos, Mexican grill, surf and turf (awesome) to name a few
Drinks, alcoholic and non-alcoholic, were plenteous and ready at a beckons call. The dirty monkey...Pina coladas...coke zero...water...and a local favorite, chocolate milk with banana!!!
Bang for the buck - yes, the room per night rate may be a little higher than other resorts...but the service and perks are WELL worth it. We flew in from Houston...another cost...but again it is worth it. When everyone else leaves for their boat, you have the resort to yourself (with 3 other couples possibly).
The suite room - a private pool in each room. Not just a swim out to a public pool...your own private pool. The extra large room is just that. King size bed. The bathroom is almost as big and the shower is an 8ft by 12 ft walk in. Television service is far better than cruise boat...hundreds of channels from all over the USA. Large screen TV...your own mini fridge stocked with drinks...snacks. It's a great experience .
Personal touch - Again the fellas are there for you all day and until 11pm. Our names were used as we entered the room and at our private dinners on the beach. Where else does the owner and his family introduce themselves to you and check on you almost everyday? My wife was moved to tears when the Ortegas and the wait staff all walked us out to our departing taxi. Mr. Ortega gave us a departing gift, a wooden swallow, to remind us of our home away from home. Vicente Rodriguez was suggested to be used for a private photo shoot. I highly recommend him, he did a GREAT job.
All in all - a 5-star vacation provided for us by the Ortega family and Mr. Sanchos Spa Suites. We are now part of the Sanchos family.Written 6 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- 10 out of 10. The rest of Chankanaab was also very enjoyable: the food, snorkeling, beach areas, sea lion show. Go!Husband and I opted for the Royal Dolphin Swim at Chankanaab during week of May 22-29, with dolphin trainers Denise & David, and it was fabulous: way beyond expectations! We were fortunate to be the only two in our "group" and I know we received much more than the 45 minutes allotted for the activity....we also got to pet & observe up-close the manatees. We paid for some photos of our encounters before-hand, but, the photographer took SO many great shots that we subsequently bought all the photos -- was a one-of-a-kind experience! We engaged w two dolphins, believe they were Olympia (female) and Jupiter (alpha male), during which we petted, high-fived, received dorsal rides, had foot-push rides (WOW 😲) while marine biologist trainers Denise & David thoroughly informed us about these highly-intelligent, gentle, curious beauties of the sea. We're sea fanatics, go for Caribbean-based trips for marine life, diving, snorkeling, boating, but this was one of most unique experiences I've had! A must-go encounter if you're on Cozumel!Written 8 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Russel gave a tour of the hives and explained a bit about the bees, jungle, cenotes, etc. We happened to tour when hundreds of butterflies were coming out of their cocoons on the trees. Beautiful.
Take time to speak with the local artisans in the stone/jewelry area. This was the hidden gem of the place. Very knowledgeable. Ask about the obsidian. Their enthusiasm for their craft was contagious. Prices were actually better than in town.
The honey shop was pricy. If you choose to buy here, consider melipona. I think everything else came from the mainland and is widely available. But it’s good to ask. And buying here supports the sanctuary.
On a personal note, when my daughter was younger she was stung by a bumblebee near her eye and had to visit the ER. Since then, very scared of bees. This trip and tour with STINGLESS bees helped calm her fears and she even began to appreciate all they do. This personal growth for her was worth the time and fee.Written 20 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- This place is absolutely amazing. We have brought our family here 5 times and every single time it is a home run. Our kids absolutely love the pool and the inflatables in the ocean.
Can’t express enough how much we love this place.Written 20 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Definitely should be on your to do dive list! Palancar reef and gardens is a great dive. Lots to see. good marine life. generally great viz!Written 8 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- i love this place, the view, the food, the staff, and your attention! its 100% recommended, its a pleasureWritten 27 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We love going to El Cielo. It is awesome to see and have the stingrays swimming around us. The water is spectacular!!Written 19 April 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Definitely stop and see the monument. It is a beautiful tribute to what Cozumel is famous for - beautiful seas and fabulous diving!Written 8 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We did the Dolphin Experience when our cruise ship ported in Cozumel. Our trainer was Caroline and our dolphin was Ghandi. We had a big group and we were all able to participate and get memories from the pictures that they took. Would definitely do this again.Written 18 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We cruised in on the Carnival Conquest ship. Chose a 4 hour guided tour package on a tour bus of the island to the Mayan ruins followed by Techila and chocolate tasting, which included a taco style lunch. The tour guide option is well worth it. Cost of $89/person. Lots of history here. Island is totally dependent on tourism.Written 17 April 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We came here specifically for the snorkel tour. It takes you to three reefs and I highly recommend it! The whole place was great though. Entry was free and there are Sandy beaches with lounge chairs. We ate at the restaurant which is outside but the tables have cabana covers. Then we swam in the pretty turquoise ocean for a while waiting on our snorkel excursion. They need at least 6 people on each boat, so if you’re a smaller group you have to wait for more people to sign up. We saw star fish, sting rays, lots of fish, and coral reef they take pics of you snorkeling and then offer digitals to you for about $35. I took my iPhone in a water proof pelican pouch and it took amazing photos and videos also!Written 23 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- When I think of an "excursion" this is exactly what I have in mind. It was truly an adventure. Felt like the 6 of us guests and 3 crew members had our own island. Learned so much about the pearl industry and the speed snorkeling was fantastic. Stayed on the island 5 days and this trip will be our fondest memory for sure. Thank you Isabel and Pancho for a wonderful day!Written 9 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We loved the snorkeling and the food and cocktails were very good. It would be more comfortable for guests visiting (and paying, of course,) for amenities if there was discreet signage indicating the area reserved for guests of resort across the road. It was embarrassing when we were asked to move to loungers without umbrellas because the loungers with umbrellas were reserved for resort guests. That’s understandable, but why embarrass guests who spent nearly $200+ USD for lunch? And we tip very well. To the staff’s credit, they attempted to locate a table with umbrella but they were filled. Just add a few more umbrellas for the area open to restaurant guests. His much could that cost? And/ Or add signage. I researched the beach club thoroughly and no where did I read a particular area was off limits to those not staying at the resort.
I would have given 5 stars if we had seen a sign directing us to the proper area or had the staff directed us there. And…. how much do 6 beach umbrellas cost? We even offered to rent loungers and umbrellas.Written 14 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- The beach is beautiful, very clean, and white sand. If you get all inclusive the drinks are tasty. However, the food options and Buffet could be better. Oh I must mention the large bikes, kayak, pattleboats are all
Included. The jet ski is $65/half hour and the parasailing is $110. I did both and they were extremely fun.Written 13 February 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Cozumel
- The best day trips from Cozumel according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Private Jeep Tour in Cozumel
- Cozumel: Private Tour by Van (up to 7 passengers)
- El Cielo Cozumel, a paradisiacal tour. Be amazed by the stars near to you.
- Cozumel Island. (Ferry + Snorkel + Virgin Beach + Jeep)
- 24 ft Sea Ray