Nature & Wildlife Areas • Dams
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
12 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- I frequent Lymm Dam often as I am an angler. The fishing pegs / stands are in a reasonable condition, but could do with updating, or at least maintaining a little better. The dam itself is well stocked with several species of fish. Not sure how many pegs there are around the dam, but I know it's a fair amount. If you're considering going fishing at the dam, it's advisable to get there early if you want a well located peg. I can highly recommend Lymm Dam if you are an angler, as it is one of only a few places in and around Warrington that still does day ticket fishing (that I know of!)Written 18 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Our favourite walk is from Olde worlde Worsley from Delph to Monton which takes around 20-30 minutes. Countryside and house watching combined.Written 9 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Spud Wood is a nice place to enjoy a walk. The car park is only small so most people park their cars on the lane nearby. Well worth a visit.Written 27 February 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Fabulous photos, displays, information regarding the history of a small village in Lymm Cheshire. Staffed by very friendly and knowledgeable local volunteer's this is a delightful must visit venue. History subject information is changed throughout the year to reflect the rich history of the village. Fabulous range of books, gifts, stocking fillers, jigsaws, Christmas cards etc for sale online. Exceptional quality and super quick delivery. Highly recommendedWritten 6 December 2020
- very nice place great for a walk at any time of year also close to the eateries and pubs in the quaint village of Lymm i would recommendWritten 30 March 2022
- ymm Cross is in the village of Lymm, Warrington, Cheshire, England. It is recorded in the National Heritage List for England as a designated Grade I listed building.
The cross dates from the early to mid-17th century and was restored in 1897. It is constructed of sandstone and stands on an artificially stepped natural outcrop of red sandstone. Its shaft stands in a square pavilion of red sandstone with square corner pillars. It has a stone roof with a pedimented gable to each face and ball finials. Above the cross is an extension which carries a stone ball and an ornate weather vane. On the east, south and west gables are bronze sundials of 1897 carrying the inscriptions "We are a Shadow", "Save Time" and "Think of the Last".Written 7 April 2022
- I had a really special afternoon with friends making our beautiful silver rings! We had a lot of fun and we are all so pleased with our handmade jewellery! Thank you Silver Sisters for a wonderful experienceWritten 27 November 2022
- Great atmosphere, friendly & efficient staff, dog-friendly pub (free dog treats) and competitive prices.
You can sit & read a (free) newspaper in peace, or enjoy the live music on “Open Mic Night”
Free wifi and local ales brewed on site.
Great seating outside to enjoy the sun.
Nothing is too much trouble for the staff.
Overall, the best pub in LymmWritten 30 March 2022
- What a great find! Luckily my brother was with us and he recommended this lovely, quaint pub. Fabulous welcome from the lad from Stockton Heath. It really was like going back in time but in a lovely way. Would recommend…Written 26 June 2022
- Came with a group of walkers for Sunday lunch. Most of us had the carvery which was voted a big hit by us all. This is not our first visit and each time the food is excellent as well as the serviceWritten 20 December 2017
- Ended up in here by chance after a meal in Lymm. Last time was about 5 years ago. Had a feeling it would be full of teenager's but I was so wrong. This place is awesome. The landlady is super and age is over 25. Music was excellent, atmosphere outstanding and what a great night in a live music venue with adults. This place is under rated and should be the prime adults drinking ground. Cant wait to go backWritten 4 May 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Lymm
- The most popular things to do in Lymm with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:See all kid friendly things to do in Lymm on Tripadvisor