- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
76 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Spread among three buildings offering a lot of shopping for day to day stuff and high end as well as touristy stuff.
Some restuarants at lower and upper levels, but choices are a bit limited for the number of people who visit the area.Written 2 January 2018
- On the corner of the Taipei expo park Maji Square is home to a range of restaurants and boutique stores that make it a great location for an evening meal, to meet with friends or to hang out on a wet day.Written 27 December 2019
- I went there for the ferris wheel as it is covered under the 3 day fun pass, but I still prefer the Singapore Flyer for various reasons.Written 17 October 2018
- Good local food but for a night market, it is more expensive compare to other places. This is a only food market, vendors are changed every half day, therefore it is well known as a so-called 24H food market.Written 21 April 2022
- Oh I love the place. You can almost purchase everything you might need in your daily life. Price is cheap, and staff are very friendly.Written 21 April 2022
- this store has almost all items available at reasonable rates. very polite staff and prompt service. very neat and clean place and helpful people. there are many other stores available in Paipei.Written 26 November 2019
- We saw a few foreigners but mostly filled by locals. Lot's of food choices. Taiwanese people will do their best to assist you even if they cannot speak English. You can try the beef noodles and barbeques :)Written 4 March 2019
- I do not know whether the brewery has tours for visitors. If so, that would be a plus. But the reason I go to the brewery is to buy beer. It's a brewery. What other reason is a good one? This is a government-run enterprise, so do not be surprised that the interior decorator hired to doll up the store and the plaza out front was assigned the task by a boss in the accounting department. Gotta count those beans. Anyhow, I am a fan of Taiwan Beer, and have been for decades, since before the time the state monopoly dropped the monopoly part of the name and imports came flooding in. The brewery had to face competition from different styles of beer, and did pretty well. Now, in addition to the old standby (Taiwan Beer), another lager has joined the line up (Gold Medal Taiwan Beer). The Gold is ok, and stands up very well to the likes of Heineken and Peroni regular, but I still prefer "Classic" Taiwan Beer. This is a very nice beer. If you like Pabst, this is the beer for you when you visit the island. Yes, I am American.
The plant also puts out a very popular draft beer named "18 Day Draft Beer" that is welcome everywhere and is really refreshing on a hot day. Taiwan has a lot of hot days, so being refreshed often is a good thing.
People who like wheat beers will, I think, be happy with the Taiwan version. I don't know much about wheat beers, and to each his or her own, but this Taiwan product is sturdy and sweetish in a non-cloying way.Written 16 February 2020
- Don't forget about the underground shopping malls. While I enjoy walking around the city outside, it's nice and quieter downstairs. It's also cooler and less humid. There are a lot of store options to choose from for food, clothing, shoes, chachkies, etc. Very extensive and great way to walk through the city to the "other side" without being outside.Written 18 June 2018
- Mainly only for food. Tried a sausage. Wow such a nice taste. Will try more of those next time. Its near to Wellcome supermarket -- please buy your tea here, dried pork, Taiwan canned foods, pineapple cake, mochi here -- much much cheaper than airport/Shilin night market/Ximendi etc etc. Always hunt and buy from these supermarkets whenever you are planning to buy local taste/product back as its much cheaper -- eg Malaysia -- Tesco/Giant, Australia -- Coles, Taiwan -- Wellcome. Much more personal and quiet and calmer than those busy Ximendi or Shilin night market. You wont feel rushed to finish your food. And yet you still get to feel those local tastes.Written 31 October 2016
- The place has some shops around since this is a shopping area. The best thing is the wheel at night to see the Taiwan area but other than that just another Taipei area visited for many tourists and locals. Packed on weekends.Written 7 June 2019
- We were staying close to FAVtory in a local Hotel & we called in on two occasions to FAVtory. When inside there is a good selection of different Food Outlets to choose from & appears to be good value for all taste buds & budgets. Overall food tasted good, very good service & at times FAVtory can be extremely busy & not easy finding a dining table.Written 5 May 2019
- When we're on the road, we like to have certain supplies with us at all times. For example, we like a nice supply of bananas. This market will do the trick for those local needs. Compared to markets across Asia, this one (and others like it in Taiwan) is clean, not smelly and easy to shop in. I've been to some that seem like fire hazards just waiting to happen, but this one felt safe and easy. Easily marked, too. We were headed to the Museum of Contemporary Art when we found it. If you have some basic needs, this will be the place for you. The surrounding area is expensive, so the reviewer who found a good, cheap cup of coffee had the right idea. We spent an entire afternoon elsewhere in the surrounding streets looking for a reasonably priced coffee ...Written 1 January 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Zhongshan District
- These are the best places for kid-friendly shopping in Zhongshan District:See more shopping for children in Zhongshan District on Tripadvisor