Historic Sites • History Museums
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
5 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- This is a lovely museum in a heritage building. Dating back to 1962, this building was formerly a Pharmacy. After being left unused for a long period, It was purchased by Ms. K.C. Chen (Eva Tan, 陳國慈律師), and was revitalized into a museum and cultural center.
It is a modernist style building, with terrazzo as the main construction method in the interior. There are exquisite terrazzo pictures on the floors. For example, "ginseng plants" on the first floor, "grapes" on the second floor, … etc.
The exhibition's themes cover the fields of "traditional living culture" and "old buildings". The current exhibitions are “Pickling and Marinating” and “Year of the Tiger”. In addition to exhibitions, the museum also holds lectures and seminars to let people know about traditional life and culture.
Free admission. The volunteers are attentive and top-notch.Written 1 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It was a very hard-breaking, yet educating experience. Similar to the war museums in Ho Chi Minh, this museum taught me things and perspectives that I was unaware before. It's small, but intimate. You'll learn from these victim's stories.Written 29 September 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A newly open, modern and well designed museum. It is used to be the Railway Department of the General Governor during Japanese colonial period, and now is renovated as a museum.
In the museum, visitors can learn about the history of rail transport in Taiwan. There are also wonderful interactive exhibitions for kids. Of course, adults can enjoy them as well.
The buildings of the museum are another highlights. Dating back to 1919, the splendid main building is a Queen Anne Revival style architecture. Along with other five historical buildings in the campus, it has been listed as a National Heritage Site.Written 1 November 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.