- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
6 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- I typically visit Taiwan every November and while in Taiwan, I enjoy joining the cooking classes here to learn how to make the food I love by myself. This year, 2020, I could not travel due to the pandemic. Taiwan has been doing very well during the pandemic in controlling the spread. My concern is more of getting on the plane etc.
As my craving for Taiwanese food continued, I checked the website online and was ecstatic to find out that I can join a virtual class, horay!
I got in touch with Chelsea (lovely lady, professional and sweet) and made a few requests. She was very accommodating due to my situation. I immediately booked two classes: the scallion pancakes and the potsticker classes.
They sent instructions in advance. The instructions were easy to understand and I was able to get everything prepared. Diana was my instructor for both classes. She was beyond words!!!! In my first pancake making class, I messed up the dough. I showed her my failed dough in front of the camera and she immediately made the suggestion to do it over. I was concerned about her time and she patiently waited for me to start the dough again and watched me step by step.
It is wonderful because what I was worried about attending a virtual class did not realize: I loved the in-person class because when you mess up you know the instructor will come to the rescue. I did not expect this to happen in a virtual class, but it did. Thank you Diana for ensuring that the scallion pancakes I made were delicious! Oh, the potstickers were amazing too.
These two dishes now have been collected under my repertoire for party surprises! Yes, serving potstickers and scallion pancakes is not big deal to a party but if you show it off by making it right there, it definitely will draw a crowd.
Oh! BTW, for potstickers they also teach you the secrets of making the beautiful fried dough flakes!!! My friends saw the pictures I took and immediately grilled me for the secrets!Written 30 November 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- What a great moment we spent learning, cooking, eating. The place is just the cutest and Pinchun has been so patient with our dumpling making skills ! We loved it ! Don’t miss it !Written 23 December 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- my first time in Taiwan and my first time taking a cooking class. staff were all very helpful, friendly, and informative and the food was delicious. i highly reccommend this!!!!Written 8 August 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I met the artist Mr Owen. He is the art guru of Dadaocheng. You can find her designed cute characters everywhere in Vintage Taipei area.
He knows the whole history of Dadaocheng( Vintage Taipei)
I had an amazing experience of painting on lanterns with him.
Another surprise is his designed paper digital camera. The best souvenir from Taipei city.
Dont miss visiting his art studio. Kids would love ihis created characters.Written 1 December 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Datong
- These experiences are best for classes & workshops in Datong:
- Xiao Long Bao & Beef Noodles Cooking Class
- Taiwanese Gourmet Cooking Class
- Taiwanese Baking Class with Oolong Tea Ceremony
- 4-Hr Private Culinary Course In Taipei: Zongzi (Rice dumplings)
- Xiao Long Bao Cooking Class
- These are the best places for kid-friendly classes & workshops in Datong:See more classes & workshops for children in Datong on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for couples seeking classes & workshops in Datong:See more classes & workshops for couples in Datong on Tripadvisor