Top Attractions in Pyhatunturi
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Rocky scenery. Easy access to best places. Nightless night in summer is amazing. Also longer and harder routes, like "noitatunturi" hiking.Written 14 June 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Smalla but nice expo of the history of the region. Visitor center has also a popular lunch restaurant and some times even movies.Written 2 January 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We had a blast to get introduced to ice climbing with Marika and Kai from Bliss Adventure few days before Christmas. As first-time climbers we had really no glue what to expect. The early morning short walk to the beautiful nicely lighten ice climbing wall, silent hill of Pyhätunturi and frozen nature was a spectacular experience itself.
Ice climbing set up was absolutely safe, relaxed and just perfect to provide a proper challenge. You don’t really need athletic background or sporty lifestyle tough to survive and have fun ice climbing trial at Pyhä.
We’ll definately come back 🤩Written 30 December 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- I spent the Christmas holidays in Lapland and thanks to this amazing family company I had the time of my life .. I booked with them the Husky safari, reindeer safari and the northern lights hunting tour. Everything was perfect and well organized. You can feel how much they love their job. I highly recommend this company, let them make your holidays unforgettable!Written 21 January 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We could not have been happier with our stay at the Lucky Ranch. Highly recommend staying here for at least a couple of days as they offer many amazing activities. The surrounding nature is beautiful and worth fully exploring.
The Lucky Ranch is also ideal if you,like us, are looking to immerse yourself in nature but are reliant on public transportation. The busses that stop close by the ranch are linked to the night train from Kemijarvi.
Antii, Anu and Wille were amazing hosts and tour operators. Very professional and warm people who made our trip the amazing experience that it was. They were very accommodating and really paid attention to the things that we were interested in. During our guided hike through the national park for example, Wille really emphasized on the information about the wildlife in the region, as he knew that this was a big interest of ours.
We actually got engaged during our stay, so the Lucky Ranch will always have a special place in our hearts :-) Looking forward to return during a summer season!Written 9 March 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Great organisation We had a fun snowmobile tour to the slede dog farm. It took us through a frozen swamp with spectacular viewsWritten 8 February 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Just before Christmas, we stayed in Pyhätunturi for a couple of days. We booked a two hour ski taster session to give our young daughter her first skiing experience and to gently reintroduce ourselves too, having not skied for over 20 yrs. Lovely gentle slope and beautiful scenery. Our ski instructor Henri was beyond brilliant - patient, articulate, funny, kind and spot-on in terms of his tuition, always pitching it just right for every member of our little group of beginners. Perfect ski instruction in a perfect location. Cannot thank him enough for a fabulous lesson that gave us the confidence to hit the slopes in no time at all.Written 30 December 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- The dog safari was a fun and unique experience through this family owned business. We had the 8km safari and we got to ride and drive the sledge. After the safari we had a good opportunity to get familiar with the dogs by petting and greeting them of the ride. The personel were really nice and friendly and had a great time after the safari to introduce the farm to us.Written 6 February 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Pyhäkuru adventure park was a lot of fun. We went there after our snowboarding day. It was doable with snowboarding boots. Our guide was very helpful and friendly.Written 24 April 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Pyhatunturi
- The best day trips from Pyhatunturi according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Pyha-Luosto National Park and Amethyst Mine by Car from Ivalo
- Unique wilderness cabin excursion
- Trip to Pyhä-Luosto National Park and Amethyst Mine
- The most popular things to do in Pyhatunturi with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:See all kid friendly things to do in Pyhatunturi on Tripadvisor