Points of Interest & Landmarks
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
13 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Tahkon portaat or stairs offers a great high intensity exercise which is good after many days of feasting. The top gives beautiful view to Tahko and to broader forest scenes in Savo. It took us maybe 10-15 minutes to the top.Written 29 August 2020
- Fun experience! We got little buckets of seeds and lettuce to feed the animals. Some animals were outside (llamas, alpacas, a donkey, sheep…) and some in the stable. All animals had info about them and what treats they can have. I really likes our visit, it made me smile 😊 I don’t think I have ever pet or fed a llama before 😂🦙Written 4 February 2022
- Tahkovuori DiscGolfPark belongs to the class AA1 and it is quite challenging. The route is 2.4 kilometers long (18 tees) or with transitions all together 6 kilometers. The starting point is next to Panorama Bar. Views are marvelous and wonderful. I think that this is the most beautiful disc golf park in Finland. Besides, Tahkovuori DiscGolfPark is totally free. You don't have to pay anything. You can rent frisbees e.g. from Tahko Farmi.Written 29 July 2019
- Tahko DiscGolfPark belongs to the class C1. The track is 610 meters long (9 tees) without transitions. The starting point is behind Tahko Spa, Sports Park, Tahko Playground and the pump track. It takes about one hour or a bit less to go through this track.
This track is quite easy and it is suitable for kids, too. However, there are some bushes and thickets there. So it may be hard to find frisbees (discs) in some places outside the track line.
Tahko DiscGolfPark is totally free. You can buy frisbees from Tahko Spa Shop or you can rent them from Tahko Farmi.
If you are interested in more challenging disc golf tracks and more beautiful views, I recommend that you choose the nearby Tahkovuori DiscGolfPark (read separate TripAdvisor reviews).Written 29 July 2019
- Overall the hotel side was 5/5, but since the spa was more like a swimming hall, I rated only 4/5. We stayed in the red apartments. Furnitures were better quality than average apartment hotel, really nice. Full kitchen. Super comfortable (soft) beds!Written 14 August 2021
- You can rent skis, snowboards, helmets, cross-country skis, snow shoes, mountain bikes and electric fat bikes at SkiMac. They have two offices in Tahko (Tahkovuori): Tahko Promenade and Tahko Tirol.
We got rental mountain bikes from SkiMac Tahko Promenade. Prices are quite cheap and they include a helmet and a lock, too. However, notice that they have only a limited amount of mountain bikes. It may be a good idea to book a mountain bike in advance.
There are very good possibilities for mountain biking and downhill biking here. There are about 100 kilometers biking routes (recreation routes for biking) in Tahko. On the way of some routes the height difference may be 200 meters. There is also a panorama lift to the top of Tahkovuori Hill. You may take your bike with you when you take the lift.Written 30 July 2019
- The kitchen didn't get our order & food for the 2/4 persons. We got the money back anyhow but the order still took a big time (+1h10min) for two persons ..It seemed to be some kind of a resource problem with the staff.Written 3 July 2021