Churches & Cathedrals
Top Attractions in Jogeva County
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- In the August 2021, renovation works were in full progress. Inside the yard there is also access to Põltsamaa lutherian church where we were give a brief history of history.
Also wheelchair-accessible.Written 8 August 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It's not the same museum as you can see here on photos. Rooms were renovated 2020, exhibition is not the same anymore and tour guide you can see on photos (me, Rutt Tänav) was fired. Still, there are working nice and friendly people.Written 9 March 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A nice park to have a walk and to get kids familiar with the local forest animals.
The family ticket (2+2) for 6,4 EUR seems fair.Written 31 July 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Was lucky to arrive just by the start of an excellent concert by famous Estonian singer. Beautiful event to be cherished.Written 26 July 2017
- This museum is built in and around an old parish school, which is famous in Estonia because of a book & movie ("Kevade") that takes place here.
The museum has two parts. One part is the schoolhouse itself. The other part is a modern addition with various exhibits.
In the schoolhouse you can visit both the schoolroom with its benches and blackboard etc, and the rooms where the parish clerk (also school headmaster) lived - bedroom, kitchen, living room etc. In the schoolroom you can browse old school books, try writing with a nib pen and ink, or with a stylus on slate, etc.
The exhibition has information about the book, schools in Estonia in the late 19th/early 20th century, the history of parish schools in Estonia, etc. Most of it will make sense and be of some interest even if you haven't read the book or seen the movie, but being familiar with the back story adds a whole other dimension. There are also hands-on exhibits for children, based mostly on memorable scenes from the book.Written 12 July 2019
- A lot of activities and things to do for all ages. However - I found the entrance fee too high, the park is not maintained perfectly and you can feel it's quite outdated. The pool area is clearly for kids around 10y - it's shallow and a few slides, the water temperature is purely dependant on the weather.
When we were visiting there hadn't been any rain for couple of days, still some areas were watery and muddy (around the trampolines and disk-golf).
So overall - not the best impression for the price.Written 31 July 2020
- We visited the garden in August when there were still blooming flowers but the best time was already gone. Still a good place to gather ideas for your on garden.
Also a shop to buy plants for terrasse and garden.Written 8 August 2021
- works as a local school. but can be rented during the summertime for weddings and other parties. very nice garden.Written 28 January 2017
- Mill in good condition or well restored. If it wasn't so cold and windy, we would hang around a bit, but all we were able to think about, was the warmth of the car.Written 31 October 2019
- I can't say the configuration is heavy- it's a typical "outer loop" with few zigs inside. At the same time, everyone can reach the top speed there, even a newbie. And that's a bit tricky - you have to be in a good shape if you want to keep the track more than 1 race.
Check the weather if you are going to ride - owners won't allow you to drive if the asphalt is wet.Written 13 August 2016
- This small museum in Mustvee documents the schism between the Orthodox Church and the Old Believers. Guide very good at explaining the different outlooks and beliefs of the two groupsWritten 25 July 2018
Frequently Asked Questions about Jogeva County