Speciality & Gift Shops
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
3 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Lovely staff and enjoyable chocolate tasting experience with the two kids and wife. Picked up some nice presents too. Indoor and outdoor seating available too.Written 23 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Relaxed atmosphere. Friendly waiting staff. Had lovely red wine with pizzas and homemade chips. Pizzas came with salmon instead of mackerel and sausage instead of pepperoni with no explanation. However, both pizzas had a lovely thin crust which could be enhanced by a more flavoursome tomato base. All in all a good meal.Written 24 July 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- My 10 year old son recently attended a morning workshop for kids here at Skellig Pottery.
During the session he made two pieces of pottery and had a go on the pottery wheel. The pieces have been left for firing in the kiln and I have arranged for them to be posted onto our holiday home in Ireland as we are here for another week.
My son thoroughly enjoyed making and painting his pieces and is eagerly awaiting their arrival.
There were five other children present aged between 5 and 10 years.
Julia was lovely with the children and very attentive.
The workshop is in Julia's garden with not much room to park but most parents were happy to drop their kids and run for an hour or two to themselves whilst their kids enjoyed themselves.
There is also a small display of pottery handmade by Julia, the owner, on sale in her workshop which can be purchased.
I would highly recommend the children's sessions, it's very informal and all the kids had a great time, some had even been before.
The session was €15 which included everything. As we weren't able to collect the pottery we paid an additional €5 for it to be posted on to us. The session lasted about 90 minutes.
Well worth a visit even if you just wanted to purchase some Irish pottery hand made in Ireland.Written 11 August 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
Frequently Asked Questions about Ballinskelligs
- These places are best for shopping in Ballinskelligs:See more shopping in Ballinskelligs on Tripadvisor