Things to do in Liptovsky Hradok
Top Things to Do in Liptovsky Hradok
Things to Do in Liptovsky Hradok
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
5 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Points of Interest & Landmarks • Churches & Cathedrals
Walking Tours • Eco Tours
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- After a short time by walk from parking on the top of rock over the castle you can see castle and area with a little lake, and with a view to High Tatras. The castle I am not visited because season finished.The restaurant is very nice with old style.This area is nice to visit ,so I recommended for all.Written 17 September 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Monument is located next to castle. You can walk to top of the rock next to this palce and see it from bird perspective.Written 30 October 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Smal chapel at the lake near castle. You can't miss it if you are nearby. Location of this is interesting.Written 30 October 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- There are 3 floors in this museum, you pay separately for each, so you can decide what to visit. Staff is nice, guided tours are in price and people are knowledgeable. Recommended place.Written 30 October 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- In early June I was fortunate enough to go for a half-day bear-watching tour with Robin in the High Tatras on a valley close to Prybilina village. I knew I was in for a treat, having previous knowledge about the long-standing conservation work done by the Slovak Wildlife Society and Robin's in-depth knowledge and excellent guiding skills.
I had no real expectations that I would get to see any bears, but nevertheless, I started full of enthusiasm at the promise of observing wildlife tracks and getting to know more about the habitat. What followed exceeded by far all my expectations! We found countless bear scat- and mud- tracks, a few lynx, deer and boar footprints while walking along the freshly-rained foot and bike paths. The highlight of the tour was meeting a family of bears feeding on the grass (a mother and three (YES, you read correctly, 3!!) cubs, possibly 2 to 3 years old. We observed them for many minutes from a safe distance and moved further. By the end of the day we saw two more bears, a family of foxes, several roe deers, a couple does with newborn fawns, and many songbirds and birds of prey. What an unexpected experience!
Throughout the tour, Robin offered detailed information about bears' biology, habitat and threats to this species conservation, and brightly answered my infinite number of questions about human-bear conflicts and coexistence in Slovakia.
I recommend this tour to anyone interested in finding out more about the rich biodiversity of the Tatra Mts. You will definitely have a fantastic time!
I for one will surely try to go for another tour if I happen to return to the region!Written 27 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
Frequently Asked Questions about Liptovsky Hradok
- The top attractions to visit in Liptovsky Hradok are:
- Hrad a Kaštieľ Liptovský Hrádok
- Chapel of St. John of Nepomuk
- Memorial on the anniversary of the First World War
- Narodopisne muzeum Liptovsky Hradok
- Slovak Wildlife Society
Liptovsky Hradok Attractions Information
|Local Time||Wednesday 8:32 p.m.|