Top Attractions in Dimapur
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Near Chumukedima, a village found on the outskirts of the city of Dimapur in Nagaland, there is a seldom visited waterfall sequestered deep inside the lush tropical jungle that is known as "Triple falls". We embarked upon a journey to the waterfall from the Patkai Christian College in Chumukedima.
Two local boys we met at the church however advised that we take a guide, but upon realizing that we were not willing to do so, one of the boys gave us his best directions so that we could find the way ourselves. The trail first led us down between two local fishing ponds, crossed a riverbed with little water, crossed a dubious bridge over the same river further on and then brought us down to the riverbed itself. It was now an hour’s walk or so upstream along the mostly dried up riverbed. We were thankful it was the dry season and this was not a raging torrent.
There were two short gorge sections on the way with steep rocky cliffs, small waterfalls and deep plunge pools. We were still in doubt as to whether we were going the right way at all, when suddenly the waterfall appeared in the distance through the bamboo leaves.
There is a large pool right at the foot of the waterfall just ahead of here. We suspect that there two more waterfalls further ahead of this one which is why they all together termed as 'triple falls'. The debris and large boulders piled up in the riverbed just ahead suggest that the river can become very violent and powerful here after heavy rains.Written 24 March 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Overcrowded and narrow lane market It does have most of the items in reasonable range. You need to bargain a lot. There are no boards as such so you have to find your way. It is better to go with some one known for the first time.Written 28 October 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Nagaland Bamboo Research Centre is a very good institution to do research on bamboo. It is among the handful institutes where bamboo research is conducted.Written 7 November 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We came to Nagaland for a wedding and, in reading through tripadvisor, talking to our driver, and talking to the hotel, there is little to do/see aside from the ruins, the "supermarket" (bazaar), and drinking.
On arrival at the ruins, it was intriguing but there were few informational signs and and the place was clearly unkempt. The pillars and were decrorative and beautiful to look at but I am unclear). Aside from looking at the pillars, the locals were more fascinating. It has clearly become a hangout spot for middle and high school students. There were small clusters around the area chatting amongst themselves.
I recommend bring big spray as the overgrown grass and trees attracted mosquitos and other bugs.Written 6 January 2020
- Nagaland Science Centre in Dimapur behind The Naga Shopping Arcade is a fun place to be with kids who can learn a lotWritten 10 August 2019
- The condition of the park and also the animals needs more care to bring more people into the park for family visit as well as to the animal lovers.Written 15 April 2019
- Located at the Ground floor of CBZ Complex, this restaurant has good ambience and offers authentic non-veg Korean foodsWritten 8 May 2018
- Very good behaviour, hyegenic , Relaxing...Therapist name Trilela very nice... Economical rate... Vishal Megamart building branch.Written 14 August 2019
- Well its not easy to locate upstairs. Its in on top of an apartment, so if you don't really know it is, its going to be a drive up and down the walford.
Anyways, as you to the top on the right side corner is the lounge. Various music shows are held there through the year. A nice place for young budding musicians. The ambience is nice. Not much to eat in terms of food but i guess people don't go there for the food. A nice place to visit while at Dimapur.Written 13 August 2015
Dimapur Attractions Information
|Local Time||Wednesday 6:46 PM|