Top Attractions in Huixian
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Worth the trip 3 or so hrs in a private vehicle, from zhengzhou, heighly recommend. Visit during winter and was pretty quite not many people around which made it even betterWritten 13 January 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- After looking at the amazingly awesome Guoliang cliff hanging highway and touring Guoliang Village, I went on to look at other parts of Wanxin Mountain. First, I’m glad I had packed a few warm sweaters. It gets cold up here. There was snow and ice hanging in the Nanping Scenic Spot. For food, it is very organic here, tasty, and inexpensive. This is a hikers paradise.
We visited three of the villages, the residents of which use the tunnel on a daily basis as their major connection to the rest of the world.
As I noted in my review of the tunnel road, it is extremely magnificent and shows what people can do when they are determined. This has long-term benefits for many generations to come.
In 1971, Guoliang Villagers, with little engineering knowledge, decided to build a tunnel road through the mountains to get better connected to the outside world. It ended up taking five years to complete, and some of the workers died in the process. It currently ranks as the ninth largest man-dug tunnel through steep, rugged cliffs, and is located in the Taihang Mountains of China. This two-way traffic cliff promenade is approximately five metres in height, and has a width of four metres. It was built by thirteen local villagers, without the assistance of electrical power and machinery. Their main tools were hammers, steel bars, and explosives.Written 9 December 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- As a foreigner, I was initially puzzled by the odd juxtaposition of beautiful natural scenery and numerous man-made features and amusements, but ultimately found the combination fascinating. Apparently when the government built the dam here a few years ago, they decided to develop the area as both a “scenic area” and a “tourist resort.” We were there in late September, so the water jet show was done for the season. Be prepared to do a lot of walking (though mostly on paved trails and boardwalks).Written 3 October 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
Frequently Asked Questions about Huixian
- The best outdoor activities in Huixian according to Tripadvisor travellers are: See all outdoor activities in Huixian on Tripadvisor
- The best day trips from Huixian according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- All Inclusive Private Day Tour to Guoliangcun from Luoyang
- All Inclusive Private Day Tour to Guoliangcun from Zhengzhou
- Private Independent Tour to Guoliangcun from Luoyang
- Private Day Tour to Guoliang from Zhengzhou
- Private Independent Tour to Guoliangcun from Zhengzhou