- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
5 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Hard to beat a morning of pony trekking along a beautiful sandy beach in Connemara! As a family of 4 we are all novice riders, but the ponies and guides are certainly experts so were in great hands! We did the 1 hour loop an thoroughly enjoyed it.Written 15 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great beaches all along the area, walk for miles with the Atlantic Ocean at your side, take a pony trek from the point and swim with the ponies.Stunning views.Written 3 March 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Golf at the Connemara Links is a real challenge to the pros as well as the neophyte golfer. This “natural” links course has left its rugged, rocky outcroppings on the course in addition to exceedingly thick and high fescue and deep bunkers that you could drive a garbage truck into and bury without knowing of its existence. The wind is brutal here and plays tricks with your ball. This country course is a testament to the men who developed it. The course was originally designed by the renowned Irish course architect, Eddie Hackett and completed by Tom Craddock. Eighteen holes were expanded to twenty-seven in 2001Written 2 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We visited during the period post-covid. It was not clear if it is ever possible to look around the smokehouse: it was certainly not available when we were there. We visited the shop and bought several items. All lovely, pricey but organic. It is quite a detour for most people to a shop so you decide if it is worth itWritten 2 August 2022
- It's nice from the outside ( but wasn't open). A little graveyard with a Celtics cross is beside the church and done old tombstonesWritten 16 May 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Ballyconneely