Top Attractions in La Laguna de Apoyo
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Closest place to paradise. The lagoon was amazing, surroundings unbelievable, the people around the area very friendly. We really got in touch with the nature doing kayak, swimming, having breakfast in the early morning watching the sunrise was an unforgettable experience.Written 30 September 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- A great natural reserve which gives you chance to see the lava flows and views before watching the sun set behind the active volcano. And then at sundown you get to see the magma bubbling in the heat of the volcano. Highly recommendedWritten 14 May 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- A friendly and professional operation offering reasonably priced shore dives in Lake Apoyo where you can see and feel volcanic hot springs on the lake bed. Good rental equipment.Written 30 December 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- As part of the day tour from Granada the last stop was swimming at Laguna de Apoyo. We stopped at Laguna beach club for 3 hours, and I ordered lunch and a drink. I had a club sandwich which was the worst sandwich I have ever had. It was awful and didn't include the usual ingredients of a club sandwich anywhere else in the world. AVOID this and hope other items on their menu aren't nearly as awful. The rest of the place and the swim was good.Written 6 April 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We had a lovely morning and afternoon hiking up to Laguna de Apoyo.
Leonel was a superb guide, really friendly and knowledgeable and keen to show us the birds and animals as well as the petroglyphs along the way to the lake.
The trek had beautiful views and where we stayed by the Laguna was a real secluded local’s place with no tourists there at all, it was really special.
So much better than a day trip so sunbath with everyone else travelling in the area and you get to see the Laguna in its real light.
James and LauraWritten 2 December 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about La Laguna de Apoyo
- The top attractions to visit in La Laguna de Apoyo are:
- Laguna de Apoyo
- Centro de Visitantes Reserva natural Laguna de Apoyo
- Volcano Divers Nicaragua
- Laguna de Apoyo Trips
- Nicaragua Vip Services
- The best day trips from La Laguna de Apoyo according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Nicaragua One Day Expedition from Costa Rica
- 3 full days tour at Granada, Masaya and Leon area from Managua
- Laguna de Apoyo Day pass plus Masaya Volcano Night Tour
- Granada+Apoyo Lagoon +handicraft market+ Masaya volcano night tour
- Laguna de apoyo day pass + masaya volcano lava tour